Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered my V-Rod in Sept. of 2001 and received it in the Spring of 2002. What a great bike! It had been 27 years since I owned a bike (1967 Norton Ranger). I ordered the V-Rod after seeing the Discovery Channel program. My V-Rod was one of the first to be registered in VT and I got a great plate.

We have a short season in VT, so I have only put 7500 miles on so far. Waiting for the snow to leave so I can go on my first ride this season.

Accessories: Molded Saddle Bags, Luggage rack/sissy bar, Touring Windshield, Corbin Seat w/Backrest, 28 tooth sprocket, Chrome Billet Sprocket, Security system, Custom engraved Derby Cover, extended footpegs,

Thinking about: Aux Fuel tank, HID headlight, Brighter Tail Lights, Chrome everything!

Count on me joining in soon.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful state there. Even with a short riding season you are racking up the miles :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cubota said:
So what was this exactly? Some sort of scrambler Commando? I've never heard of it and I'm a pretty sad old git.
It was lighter than a Commando, had a 750 cc engine, and was faster than the Commando. One of my neighbors, at the time, had a Commando. He rode mine and was quite impressed with the performance. Wish now that I would have held on to it.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Welcome to the VFR, great people, great info and a few good laughs, Post up in the New England registry, what part of VT are you from??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.