Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered my V-Rod in Sept. of 2001 and received it in the Spring of 2002. What a great bike! It had been 27 years since I owned a bike (1967 Norton Ranger). I ordered the V-Rod after seeing the Discovery Channel program. My V-Rod was one of the first to be registered in VT and I got a great plate.

We have a short season in VT, so I have only put 7500 miles on so far. Waiting for the snow to leave so I can go on my first ride this season.

Accessories: Molded Saddle Bags, Luggage rack/sissy bar, Touring Windshield, Corbin Seat w/Backrest, 28 tooth sprocket, Chrome Billet Sprocket, Security system, Custom engraved Derby Cover, extended footpegs,

Thinking about: Aux Fuel tank, HID headlight, Brighter Tail Lights, Chrome everything!

Count on me joining in soon.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome: :kaz:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful state there. Even with a short riding season you are racking up the miles :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cubota said:
So what was this exactly? Some sort of scrambler Commando? I've never heard of it and I'm a pretty sad old git.
It was lighter than a Commando, had a 750 cc engine, and was faster than the Commando. One of my neighbors, at the time, had a Commando. He rode mine and was quite impressed with the performance. Wish now that I would have held on to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I cannot wait for the temp to get out of the 20's. I'm so cold natured it has to be above 50 for me to even think about riding. But I'm ready for it.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Welcome to the VFR, great people, great info and a few good laughs, Post up in the New England registry, what part of VT are you from??

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
:vrodforu:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts