Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums

We have completed our update to vbulletin 3.0 and now have the new forum up and running. We are still making minor adjustments for the next hour or so but we decided to do this rather then shut down for a day to do this.

All the data is current as of five minutes ago so lets move to our new home and get the feel for it.

Max

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Lookin' good.I like it :thumb

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
A class act Max, much thanx to both you and Mark. :cheers: I might just have to slap a Forum logo on the Rod. How can I get one?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Max,
Great look. However, it seems that the gallery isn't working correctly. Everytime I click on a photo to get the larger image. It says that I'm not registered when I am. Something to look into when you get a chance. Thanks,

-Bry

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bbruce65 the gallery depends on the data base of the forum to work properly. The gallery may be less then a seamless update but I am working on it at this time.

Max

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Max,
I just wanted to bring it to your attention. I didn't know if you knew of the issue or not. No big deal. I understand that anytime you do a major overhaul of a system that there will be bugs to workout.

You and all of the moderators are doing a great job!!

-Bry

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Max - I am thinking about putting up a site - I was wondering how time consuming it is - do you have this site hosted - is it on a dedicated server - do you supply the software?
Kevin

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kspz3 this site sits on a machine that I own. I also own all the software and pay for server rack space at a Dallas cohost location. They simpley plug in the power and the lan line and turn it on. That is all they are responsible for. If your new to the internet or web hosting I don't suggest this option. It would be much easier to deal with just the site and not all the security and mail servers and updates to say the least.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
on the old Forum you had a section call "new Posts" so you would'nt have to go through each forum you could see what thread got responses. :lamer: Does this site have that and I just don't see it?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Kaz select the quick link in the top row of controls and the drop down has a new post selection. :)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bbruce thanks for the heads up I hope I didn't come off wrong I really do appreciate people making me aware of errors that they may have. Thats the only way I can get them taken care of.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Found it Thanks! :thumb

·
Registered
42 Posts
Site looks great Max. I really enjoy this site for what it offers V Rod owners. I always suggest it to others...

Bryant

1 - 20 of 28 Posts