·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Pale, acute, mobile
159 Posts
louballs said:
I use the Zombie pegs you listed (last URL) on the Vector ('06 VRSCR). I chose them for the following reasons:
  • The wider profile provides a larger "contact patch" between your foot and the peg. With the mid controls on the R and D models, this is even more important because you're carrying a little more weight on your feet. Touring is the primary task for the Vector, so long-day comfort was very important.
  • The pegs allow adjustment of the flat surface relative to the peg mount. This is important to fine-tune the peg so the surface evenly supports your foot in a typical riding position.
  • I just plain liked the look of them.
There are a few downsides to these pegs.
  • The wider profile means a little less room between the leading (i.e., front) edge of the foot peg and the shifter peg. Depending on the profile of your boots, this may be an issue.
  • They extend farther away from the centerline of the bike than the stock pegs, which translates into a minor reduction in available lean angle on the R and D models. On the models with forward control, you scrape other pieces before your footpegs, so no worries.
There you go, more that you ever wanted to know about them. :)

Ghost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts