Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a pic of my latest efforts,they work really well at keeping the wind at bay without being too bulky.The other pic is whats left of the Yamaha fairing I used.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Nice work :notworth:

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
That looks sharp! What hardware did you use to connect the windscreen to the handlebars??

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks sharp! What hardware did you use to connect the windscreen to the handlebars??
I used the fittings from an old HD sport wind deflector I had lying around.

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
That's what I am talking about! :) You made my day! I recently took a tumble and scratched up my sport wind deflector. I am going to tint it to hide the scratches (as I can't find a replacement deflector). I like your creation and will probably end up converting to that or something very similar in the future... Thanks for the inspiration

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I am talking about! :) You made my day! I recently took a tumble and scratched up my sport wind deflector. I am going to tint it to hide the scratches (as I can't find a replacement deflector). I like your creation and will probably end up converting to that or something very similar in the future... Thanks for the inspiration
If you decide to go that route and need any advice as to what I did dont hesitate to pm me.Alternativly if you look in my gallery there are some pics of my previous one, your welcome to it if the shipping is not prohibitive

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Looks good, and if it works better than the HD sport screen then that's a real bonus:thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Very cool, Jim! Jon, take a look in my gallery. Works fine. Joe

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
Thanks Joe/Jim... I am definitely going to try to come up with a similar solution to Jim's (even if I do get another HD Screen)....

·
Snapper
1,307 Posts
I could see it working even better if you use a screen that has a little flip at the top. It would give an extra kick up on the wind flow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts