Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished installing my new (custom fitted) floor boards to the V-rod!
I bought the kit from the J.C Whitney catalog about 2 weeks ago. They were plain black rubber on chrome hardware. It took between 25 and 30 hours of hard work in my shop to cut, weld, grind, and fit them up for the final test ride state I reached today. They are superb!! They are just the right hight, slant, and forward placement for my body size (5'4"). My legs are so happy to be "tucked in" next to the frame/airbox, instead of splayed out there in the wind; and the left lean angle is much steeper now, and the right lean angle is only limited by the mufflers. I made them to be a quick change substitute for my stock (reduced reach) pegs, but will probably leave them on most of the time. I still have the full reduced-reach set up in the garage, and only have to remove the 6mm allen screw on each side to swap them back and forth.

I'll attatch my (3) photos when the darn "attatchment" button starts working on the post new thread process........I don't know what's wrong.....I'll ask Max.

:ride:Safe redrazor :soapbox:

Attachments

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to post the photos on the members gallery after trying 10 times to post them here. Use the search term "floorboards" and you'll see these cool looking, great riding new additions to my favorite motorcycle.
S :hmm: orry for the trouble. redrazor

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I put your photos up for you Ray.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Dam Ray you made those?What is your Back round because those look OEM! :notworth: Very Nice Job,Can you make any Speed Parts? :diablo:

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you like em

Thanks to Max for getting the pics up!! He can get it done!!

Kaz,

Well, I'm no "fabricator", but I was a truck mechanic for a lot of years, and did a bit of machinist work, and some welding/metal-fab over the years. I have a small welder and a small lathe in my garage/shop. But.....I live in a "townhome" complex here in the East Bay Area (not far from Joe, in Oakland), so I can't get too carried away with stuff, or the Homeowners' Assoc. gets real wierd. I don't even have a torch set-up. But I do have access to a bunch of friends who have full-shop set-ups. One of them is a retired steam-fitter; and old Marvin can build anything. He's built all kinds of cool stuff from scratch for his Road Glide over the years. Being semi-retired gives me some time to "tinker" . I'll try to post a photo of the underside of the floorboards......it'll kind of show all the welds and "ugly" stuff that I had to do to get them to stay in the right position. I just don't have the time to try to make stuff up in "mass", though. My small business of diesel truck smoketesting takes up about 15 to 20 hours a week too. Since I came up with some arthritis in my (2) thumbs a couple of years ago, it's not as much fun to twist wrenches and use my hands to make stuff. I guess I should be thankfull that it doesn't seem to bother me too much while actually riding!
Keep up all those great mods that you all are doing....cause it sure makes my day to see them on the "Forum". redrazor

·
Registered
284 Posts
What a great job.
Well done.
Let the list know if you will be making more!

·
Petrolhead
414 Posts
Redrazor, they look 'factory', which I think is great. Well done, and I bet we see something like that in the HD accessory catalogue one day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts