Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ampy1
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a set of Loco's from Exotic Choppers. This is my first time doing exhaust and they came with no instructions. What do I do with the 02 sensors now that I dont need them ( got the power commander). Also they said I could use the old gaskets and I dont see how. Am I missing something?

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Yea ... you missed all the threads telling you not to buy garbage from Exotic. They are awful!

Using old gaskets is always a bad idea when installing a new exhaust (unless you like leaks). The quality of advise they gave you is a clear indication that Exotic is an inferior company in general.

Sorry you got stuck with those pipes ... any chance you can get a refund?

·
Ampy1
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. What problems have been had with Exotic pipes? I don't think I can get a refund. And do you know what to do with the o2 sensors? What pipes did you put on?

·
Chino
102 Posts
Ampy 1, try the pipes and judge them for yourself. Sinic also bashed my new dominator exhaust, but I will judge it for myself. I agree with Sinic about the bad advice of re-using old exhaust gaskets. NEVER reuse old exhaust gaskets. I'm in Korea so I have to order everything via internet. I found some at J&P but I still need to confirm they are for the VRSCDX before I order. As for the 02 sensors, I also purchased the Power Commander V (PCV) with my pipe and it came with directions in the box. If not, email me at [email protected] and I will send you a scanned copy. It shows how to locate and cap both of them. Your PC should have came with 2 each rubber 02 eliminators (caps). t's pretty simple, just open the seat unplug the rear 02 sensor, cap it. Front one is located under the left hand side radiator cover. Look for my progress under the thread "dominator exhaust for 2010 VRSCDX" Talk to you soon!

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i dont think sinic is bashing the pipes without reason , he has tried them along with alot of others on the site , they really dont have a great rep .

i think he is just trying to help you from making a costly mistake

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
It should be MANDATORY when signing up for any forum that you know where AND how to use the search function !!!

·
Ampy1
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exotic Chopper Pipes

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately Sinic was right. They look awesome and sound great. That's the good news. The bad news is that I only have a few hundred miles on them and one of the chrome tips is no longer secure and is coming out a bit. Bad design! It only has one stud holding it in place instead of 3 or 4 like it should. Or better yet is should be threaded. I don't think I can weld it without ruining the chrome. I haven't contacted them yet to see what they will do about it. Also I wasn't real impressed with the black coating. They aren't all that black. It looks a little red almost. Anyway I'm not real impressed considering what I paid for them. So I will keep you posted on how they deal with defects!!

·
Chino
102 Posts
Exotic Chopper Pipes

Ampy,

Sorry to hear that bro. I sure hope my exhaust is good to me. Haven't fired it up yet, waiting on exhaust gaskets from J&P. My '10 stock exhaust gaskets are tapered and definitely not the right gaskets for the Dominator pipe with the standard squared off ends. I'm sure your exhaust is the same. What gaskets did you end up using and where did you get them from? Hope Paul takes care of you, talk to you soon.

·
Ampy1
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So every shop was in my area was closed the day I put my pipes on and against everyone's advice I used the stock gaskets. I was particularly careful when I took them out, knowing my situation. I figured if they leaked it would be good mechanical practice for me. Surprise- no leaks! My local Harley shop said they had some if I needed them a couple days later. I'm probably going to have to take them off anyway to have them fixed. Do other exhaust makers send gaskets with their pipes? Shouldn't they for a thousand bucks? I did just have very good luck with Ghost Rider Customs for some Rizoma bars and Gunner grips,pegs,etc. Excellent service and top of the line workmanship. The bike looks bitchin'. Now its time for wheels and stretch the front end a bit. -

·
Chino
102 Posts
Ampy if you decide to ever change out your gaskets the cometic gaskets rock. They have a flat surface so you are mating a flat surface with a flat surface, better seal. VR28 on the VRSCDX forum hooked me up. They work great with my dominator pipe. By the way I finally got it installed. Looks and sounds great. Went to a bike rally and everyone was raving about the looks and sound. With the map Exotic Choppers sent me I get a little stumble around 3-4K. Other then that it runs like a raped ape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts