Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new pipe on my DX. It is a CFR. HOLY [email protected]#KING [email protected]#T this thing is loud. How can i quiet this down alot cause to me its the best looking pipe out there. What other exhausts should I be looking into that is close to the same design or even something like the D & D setup is also nice. I like the 2 into 1 setups and dont want them sticking out past the center of rear tire.
Had to cancel a dyno tune cause i cant stand how loud the CFRs are. I am looking fore the pipe in Black to. If I have ot go with a different pipe I will also be selling this one. It Black ceramic coated and chrome shield.
Thanks
Ron

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,426 Posts
There is a Vortex cone that you buy to help tone it down a bit. Somebody will pipe in here with further details.. Agree with ya tho- it is a great looking pipe. :notworth:

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
The D&D 2:1 is just about as loud as the CFR. The trouble you're going to have is that, if the CFR is that much too loud for you, the stock exhaust is the only one that is really quiet.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will it tone it down enough. I was tryin to find videos of with and without the cone none without so far. I went for a 50 mile ride with the CFR on with a full face helmet and earplugs and my ears are ringing. Dont know if one cone is gonna cut it. I want it louder then stock but not CFR loud.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Blk95Cobra said:
Will it tone it down enough. I was tryin to find videos of with and without the cone none without so far. I went for a 50 mile ride with the CFR on with a full face helmet and earplugs and my ears are ringing. Dont know if one cone is gonna cut it. I want it louder then stock but not CFR loud.
Put your stock back on and drill holes in it or V-mod them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate the look of the stockers and the 500 extra pounds on the ride side of the bike. withthe cone for the CFR would you be able to use 2 if one was not enough just stick one in farther ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts