Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 night rod an I want to change the exhaust. Any suggestions? Been looking at Vance and Hines competition series, and I have now ruled out toxic. If I go with Vance and Hines, which fuel management system should I get? The bike is matte black, so going with black pipes. Also, my v rod has mid controls.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
This is a common question here, the are lots of exhaust threads. Do some searching and read others comments and reviews. The V&H is loud and I would get the baffle. Tuning for the exhaust has options to, Power Commander, the V&H fuel pack, sepst/sert and more. Again, use the search function lots of disscusion. I personally use the PC and have the CFR exhaust. You can also modify the stock system, search for Vmodding stock muffler threads. Mostly, just take your time and do t,he research before you buy, the classifieds on here are full of buyers mistakes.
Btw, welcome to the forum.
Also, look for the local group, Mid Atlantic VRods, on Facebook and Meetup.com

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I read somewhere that the V&H Comp was modified now to have a higher lean angle...which would be nice.

Don't rule out the power vision, I wish I had it now instead of the power commander.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I read somewhere that the V&H Comp was modified now to have a higher lean angle...which would be nice.

Don't rule out the power vision, I wish I had it now instead of the power commander.
You can't say that and not elaborate!!! Why is the Power Vision better? I'm in the market for a programmer and would like to know.

I have a 2006 VRSCD and looked for exhaust options. I have forward controls, so my options are a little different. I was lucky and found a Joker Machine exhaust, but was considering a TAB or CFR. Both look nice, but I'm not sure about the sound.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You can't say that and not elaborate!!! Why is the Power Vision better? I'm in the market for a programmer and would like to know.

Dont get me wrong I love my power commander & autotuner. It's a cheap user friendly tool with plenty of us on here that have advice on how to troubleshoot any problems. The power commander is a piggy back system(modifies after efi) whereas power vision is before.

The power commander only has one downfall IMO...it isnt SE cam friendly. Seems nobody has had good luck with it.

The power vision though with an autotuner can't tune on the fly though, and I really like having that optimal feature for mountain riding. It probably doesn't matter much but oh well. Oh, also the power vision is more expensive and it's has a screen so you have to make room for it somewhere.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The more I read about exhaust the more I am confused ,! Me and my neighbor have 2012 muscles! Week old! With no muscle sound, I hear YouTube videos , but every motor is different when it comes to mods happening! I like Vance and Hines! And Tab, We want deep idle base and GT 500 rumble when I turn the throttle! HD dealer says! There Dyno with any exhaust is sufficient , But all the two exhAust come with tuners! Which way Togo ? $&@, so confused!

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Banned
182 Posts
The more I read about exhaust the more I am confused ,! Me and my neighbor have 2012 muscles! Week old! With no muscle sound, I hear YouTube videos , but every motor is different when it comes to mods happening! I like Vance and Hines! And Tab, We want deep idle base and GT 500 rumble when I turn the throttle! HD dealer says! There Dyno with any exhaust is sufficient , But all the two exhAust come with tuners! Which way Togo ? $&@, so confused!

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

:kaz:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts