Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Not New EFI, New MAP

This is the updated program tuned running topless as well as allowing for a speedo recalibration. I'm not sure yet how the speedo portion differs from the older flash except that the file format is different. The programming of the speedometer calibration isn't carried within the EFI MAP but as an aux. program that accesses a different portion of the ECM to re-write the constant used to calculate speed. Maybe they had to reformat the file to accommodate this access???

I've looked at the difference between the files and there is more fuel and ignition timing in the upper RPM's with this setup than the older flash file as well as some more efficiency in the cruise RPM's. Another tuner on VTF conjectured that since the '02 was supposed to have the 28T up until the last minute it looks like the tuning files were set up to accomodate the higher cruise RPM. He's been moving sections of the code down the RPM range for 30T bikes and has seen very good fuel efficiency results. Typically 40+ mpg cruise economy. It looks like the newer files continue this trend and are optimized for the 28T.

BTW, the new Race Tuner only comes with these new files, I'll post the older files if anyone wants them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts