Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rinehart 2-1 or??? - help!

Got the 2007 DX in Denim 6 weeks back, and love the bike! This is my first HD after riding Japanese racers for years.

Only thing I hate about it is the sound - terrible! I have been looking at different systems/pipes, and like the 2 in 1's. Considering the Rinehart, but I want it in black and BUB does not make that :spank:

I know V-Rod mod is selling one in black - any body knows about the quality? Here in Singapore the humidity is extremely high, so I need the coating to be very durable.

Are there any other black pipes available that I should take into consideration?? I want the deep loud sound - but not crazy loud!

Also please let me know where I can get these pipes.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I love my black supertrapps. The coating is very durable so far. It actually beads water, Sounds great and you don't have to buy a tuner. You tune it by the number of discs that you install. I started with 8 and she was running rich so I went to ten with great results. I sot mine from Summit Racing. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Screaming Eagle air filter. I bought the universals which clamp on with no additional supports. I love them but if you want they sell a model for the DX with additional brackets. I think I paid around $270 complete and the DX model is around $430 or so. Pics in my gallery.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love my Supertrapp, which could be done in black. It sounds awesome and looks great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
soren is that you? try out CFR pipes. alot of infomation on this site regarding 'em. I think there is a DX running them in SG . am waiting for my 08 still

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that's me. Is that you Kenneth?

I think I know what I want now. Have been doing a lot of research over the weekend. Want a full system as I need the original in case I have to ship the bike back to my home country.

Only downside by having a DX is that there are not a lot available in the market in terms of black pipes. Really like the Rinehart 2-1 so I will go for that and have them coated.

Check out Blackgold's photo album - he had his system Jet Hot coated. Have send him a PM to get a little more info, so I can put in my order.

Does anybody know if Rob Cycle supply has reopened his business after moving? I remember there was a group purchase started once in here. Maybe it is time to start another??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts