Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took it to the dealer and they were hesitant about doing it the final tally for the install was $1125.00 considering that was without problems as they progressed. took it to a local shop and they didnt want to touch it. is it that diffucult to do.. if so let me know before i get into something that i shouldnt be getting into.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
It's n as difficult as they would make it seem. It took me about 4-5 hours when I did mine. I posted some pics in a thread here

·
VRSCX #395
206 Posts
done mine yesterday took about 6 hours, internally wired, relocated the turn signals and ss throttle cables, the hardest part for me was getting the wires out of the molex connector (about an hour) this is an 07 dont know if they are different, when i finally found an appropriate tool it was easy.looks great :)

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
A lot of the time spent depends on the bars used. My Carlini's required longer wiring, so before I ran them through the bars I cut the harnes and soldered extensions on them. That along took well over an hour. Then I had to drill out my upper tree since the bolts for the new bars were a larger diameter. All in all it's not to difficult and can be done in a few hours time no matter how your doing it. Get a manual and the right tools and do it yourself. You'll be much happier in the end.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
I installed my drag bars and ran the wires inside the bar with the help of the how-to thread. No big deal. Do it yourself and save $1000.00+

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
what part of missouri are you from, maybe I could come by and give you a hand............with your beer :D

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
if your going with HD drag bars, they already have the holes in them to run the wires....

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
$1100???
OMG!!!!!

I bought the hd drag bars that are already drilled.. i ran my wires internally and had the bike back together in about 1.5 hours maybe 2 hours tops!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts