Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the clutch on my 06 night rod, was told it's a slipper clutch style, now when I put it in gear it won't move, need some help/ideas. I bled the fluid at the cylinder.

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
Is it possible you got some air in the line or slave or master cylinder when bleeding?
Does the slave actuate when the clutch lever is pulled, a small amount don't go all the way you might pop the slave piston out.

Then put a c-clamp over the slave piston to hold it still, light force squeezing the clutch lever to prevent damage to the slave casting, you should feel resistance, if it is squishy, then you might have air in the system, bleed it out, also consider the need to rebuild the master, it could be leaking down and not giving you full effort.

The reassembly of pack into hub is sometime tricky, hope it's fully seated, when you installed the new clutch pack, did you offset the top friction disk by one tab so that it's sitting it's own groove on the top of the basket?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did put the top plate independently of the other discs, it was already assembled clutch unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the problem, I didn't tighten the 4 spring load bolts to 86 inch lbs. tightened them all good so far, going to test drive now that it's cooled off outside.

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
Glad you found the problem, good luck on the test ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts