Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Rod, CFR Headers, CFR Fueler, Oberon Slave, Chrome Forks, Chrome Sway, Chrome Calipers.
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a stupid question, I think I know the answer, but since something about sanding on my shiny expensive pulley I just bought dos not seem right, I am going to ask. Since having it chrome plated is sure to add a few thousands of an inch, I need to sand on it for the bearing to fit, right? Somebody help this stupid, helpless, 59 year old Millwright State Champion machinist. I can't put my bike back together until I find out.

·
VRSC est -03
2,893 Posts
Has the pully just been chromed or is it a chrome nos part?
A picture will help.

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Rod, CFR Headers, CFR Fueler, Oberon Slave, Chrome Forks, Chrome Sway, Chrome Calipers.
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has been chromed, coming up with a picture.
Wait a minute, mount yellow dot on the tire next to the valve stem? ,what fucking yellow balancing dot? I have never heard of such a thing. Everybody's going to hear about this

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have read all about them now, But now that I have thought about it awhile I do remember seeing the dots years ago and saying to a room full of people what this white dot because I remembered at the time seeing a red one also, nobody knew, and the internet wasn't so prevalent back then( yes that long ago)so I went on ignorant of something so critically important.I have since got the bike back together and I did most of the back rim myself and I did not have enough parts to construct a jig wide enough to balance the rim. I just finished doing 95 MPH on my bike. And i guess that the fact that the stock Dunlop's are certified for over 186 MPH must help because there was no vibration what-so-ever that I could discern. I am going to try to find some one that can balance it on the bike

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is a stupid question, I think I know the answer, but since something about sanding on my shiny expensive pulley I just bought dos not seem right, I am going to ask. Since having it chrome plated is sure to add a few thousands of an inch, I need to sand on it for the bearing to fit, right? Somebody help this stupid, helpless, 59 year old Millwright State Champion machinist. I can't put my bike back together until I find out.
Just curious where did you get it chromed and how much did it cost?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts