Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The word on the street is that the new batch of Bub7 exhausts (being currently shipped) will be the correct fit/mold for the Night Rods Specials. Can anyone confirm this? I've shot off an email to Bub but never got a response. However, V-Mod has stated they believe this to be the case but they want to confirm when they have one in hand (makes sense). Just checking to see if anyone else has heard of this or has one in hand before I decide to purchase. Thanks!:notworth:

P.S.- And that would be Ceramic, not Cermanic....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a few posts about this bracket .You can make your own fora few bucks .
Yes, I know you can purchase the AW bracket or make your own which is fairly easy to do. However, if Bub is making the CORRECT mold/bracket from the factory which wont require the additional bracket, then I would prefer to purchase THAT exhaust.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ralph

I just purchased the Bub 7 2-1. I did the same as you before purchasing. Bub gave me Sharkey's # @ V-shop. He had all the answers I needed on this subject. The Bub 7 2-1 was designed for DX's up to 08. Bubs website claims it fits up to 08 but they still mount on 09 and newer but the bracket on the factory exhaust is different. If you get a exhaust bracket for an 08 or older AW model, it will work. I'm at work till the 7 am, when I get home in the morning I'll post the HD item numbers that I got from Sharkey.
It was not mentioned by Bub or Sharkey about fitment without the AW bracket. Anyone else know???

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just recieved and installed the Bub 7 2-1 from the most recent batch sent out. No, they are not being shipped with the correct bracket. You will need to get the aw bracket and rubber bushings to make it fit your DX. When I spoke to them a few weeks back about this issue, yes there are well aware of this. Really couldn't/didn't get an answer regarding them sending or making a bracket for this problem.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
they have been aware that the DX will need the AW bracket since the first pipe was installed on the DX.... any DX needs the AW bracket to install the BUB 7 pipes... you also need a couple rubber isolators.... call BUB and they will tell you to call me for the part numbers... No worries...

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
bracket - 65113-07A
rubber isolators (2) - 65165-01
depending on the system you may also need the support bar - 65106-01
if you only have 2 allen bolts holding the stock DX support bar to the frame you will need another - part # - 3709M ( M8 X 1.25 X 20 socket head)

let me know if you have any questions...

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
bracket - 65113-07A
rubber isolators (2) - 65165-01
depending on the system you may also need the support bar - 65106-01
if you only have 2 allen bolts holding the stock DX support bar to the frame you will need another - part # - 3709M ( M8 X 1.25 X 20 socket head)

let me know if you have any questions...
Do you recommend OEM Gasket 65109-01 for older bikes? It seems to me if you replace the exhaust you replace the gasket.

·
Guardian of Freedom
140 Posts
Need some help?

I just made a bracket out of some angle iron and I have some extra left over. Let me know if you need one made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.