Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased my first v rod it is a 2002 with 2004 lava red ghost flames paint set with screaming eagle exhaust and all chrome parts except liscecne plate holder and wheels i bought it for 6000 i was wondering if this was a good price and if this year was a good year i know it was the first year it was made i was just wondering how they were

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Bit late to ask if the price is right! But if the bike is clean and runs well you did fine. No two used bikes are alike. Welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha yes i know it is a little late 2 ask i personally think it was a good price the guy was a neat freak and replaced everything when it got a small scratch or anything like that i was just wondering what they go for by me that was really cheap

·
Registered
204 Posts
How many miles on it? I agree, the prices are a little high in the upper midwest, at least around MN and western WI. I just got my '05 with 10k miles for $7k, but I had to drive to KC to get it. Around here I think the same bike would have been $8500-9k. I think you did pretty good as long as its not trashed or high miles. Just my .02 but I'm kinda a V-rod n00b too. I've been keeping an eye on prices for a couple years though, and really looking hard in the last few months though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it has 19k on it but like i said it is in perfect condition and many extras i was looking around but my top dollar was 6500 so it was the only one in my price range blue book is 7800 but that never seems to be right in these economic times

·
Registered
684 Posts
I would say it is a good deal if you figure what the paint set cost and the exhaust then all the other stuff. you did good and nothing wrong with the 02's { except you are rideing a cheap bike now because you did not pay what it is worth] enjoy your bike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
does any one know where i can get a set of chrome wheels for it that dont cost an arm and a leg also integrated turn signals for the back (the big chunk of plastic is the only not chrome thing on it and looks stupid imo)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts