Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I bought a VRSCDX from Bossier City HD. Used 2008, 7,000 miles and I also got the 3-year extended warranty. The HD guy said the bike was a trade in and that they basically sell them as is, no servicing or anything like that other than a visual inspection.

Well I rode it home and around a little this weekend and I started noticing a little oil around the rear rocker box on the left and right sides and it appears to be coming directly off the top of the rocker box because it looks "glazed" on the top.

I've read some threads on this site that suggest this could somehow be related to the breather? Also when I checked the oil, it was pretty low and dirty, which suggest to me that it hadn't been serviced recently.

Before I discovered this I was planning to take it in this week to get a 5,000 mile service anyway; and now I'd like to get the oil leak fixed.

For my peace of mind, should I be concerned with my purchase? What could be the issue? Also my Pops noticed a little smoke from the exhaust when we were out riding; didn't know if this my be due to the bike not being run recently; I haven't notice any smoke myself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Breather Tube

I just fixed mine for the breather tube leaking oil. They dry rot and leak or just plain spew all over. Costs about 12 bucks at HD and can be changed in 5 min. Mine leaked oil on to the coil and made it run like crap till i cleaned it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts