Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
I guess I must have a pretty good dealer after reading this.

When I went to get my 03 V-Rod the General Manager told me that it had started a little sluggish when he went to bring it around front and he was having the service department install a new battery. The fuel flange recall had already been done, and the coolant fill cap had already been replaced with the new style.

There is a difference in dealers for sure.

· Registered
132 Posts
wykkd said:
Does your bike have a plug-in lead stowed away behind the left-side vented cover? Did your dealer provide you with a battery tender? Check for the battery charging lead behind the cover first. If your bike had this installed from the factory as mine did, go back to your stealer and demand that he supply you with a battery tender free of charge. My stealer was gracious enough to provide me with this information and the tender at the time of my delivery. Obviously this has been an issue although I'm not sure if all v-rods came with the battery leads. Good luck!
Installed from the Factory? Is this something new or did the dealer add it? From what I have read in other threads most people have had to add their own.

I had to add my own on my 2003.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.