Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Hey Palermor, in regards to the dead battery, did your dealer inform you about the tendency of the compact battery supplied with your bike to not hold a charge for long periods of time? Does your bike have a plug-in lead stowed away behind the left-side vented cover? Did your dealer provide you with a battery tender? Check for the battery charging lead behind the cover first. If your bike had this installed from the factory as mine did, go back to your stealer and demand that he supply you with a battery tender free of charge. My stealer was gracious enough to provide me with this information and the tender at the time of my delivery. Obviously this has been an issue although I'm not sure if all v-rods came with the battery leads. Good luck!

· Registered
12 Posts
curlysir said:
Installed from the Factory? Is this something new or did the dealer add it? From what I have read in other threads most people have had to add their own.

I had to add my own on my 2003.
To be honest with you I'm not quite sure at this time. Most dealers will not invest any more than they have to without charging you for it. Regardless, if your not riding your bike or even starting it at least once a week, you will most likely experience a dead battery situation. If your dealer claims no knowledge of this "condition" with the battery, invest in the battery tender and insure yourself a no hassle start next time you want to get on the road. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.