Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran my new best time in the 1/8th today. 6.9732 et 99.53 mph, 1.6151 60ft. this is on my stocker with the usual bolt on stuff. Just can't seem to break that 100mph .
 

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
vroddave said:
Ran my new best time in the 1/8th today. 6.9732 et 99.53 mph, 1.6151 60ft. this is on my stocker with the usual bolt on stuff. Just can't seem to break that 100mph .
GET AN ELEC. SHIFTER IT REALLY HELPS
 

·
The Tin Man
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Just get it to work - need some gearing (26 tooth - 64 tooth or 68 tooth all options)- Bike was supposed to go in today but may need to wait until next week... I am waiting for Kaz to tell me the secrets of how to get a nice little 30HP squeeze and that should fix all of my wants and desires for the moment....You up and running Rick - when do your points races begin..
KSP
 

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
kspz3 said:
Just get it to work - need some gearing (26 tooth - 64 tooth or 68 tooth all options)- Bike was supposed to go in today but may need to wait until next week... I am waiting for Kaz to tell me the secrets of how to get a nice little 30HP squeeze and that should fix all of my wants and desires for the moment....You up and running Rick - when do your points races begin..
KSP
MISSED FIRST TWO,RAN HIS BUELL,TYED FOR FIFTH IN POINTS.
STREET BIKES START ON THE 21ST, GOT MINE RUNNING 80 MPH 30% THROTLE,WILL PROB. MAP TP 50% THROTLE SAT. GOT THREE HUND. MILES
ON BIG BORE. VANCE AND HINES ARE MAGNA FLUX,HEADS TO SEE IF
THEY CAN BE SAVED .SHOULD KNOW TODAY OR TOM.EAGLE SAID THE
LINERS AND CASES SHOULD BE ON THE WAY SOON.ANOTHER THRASH
WEEK AGAIN. OH WELL IF IT TAKES MORE THAN 10 SEC''S YOU CAN'T.
BE HAPPY.
:cheers:
 

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
vroddave said:
does anyone know how the kill system works on the elec. shifter?
IT'S A TIMED MILL. SEC'S WASTED SPARK OR GROUND. DEPENDING ON
WHO MAKES IT. IT KILLS POWER TO COILS WHILE ENGAGED.THUS TAKING
LOAD OF THE ENGINE WHILE IT SHIFT'S.(NO CLUTCH) LESS RPM DROP.
I'AM SURE THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE FORUM THAT CAN REALLY DETAIL HOW IT'S DONE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
I have the Pingel electric shifter. Just got it to work, they have a second edition of the kill box now. They did there proto-types on an '03 and for some reason the '02 didn't like it. They made a change and works like a champ now. Anyway... to answer your question.

The pingel has two boxes with it. One, the control box that is the electronics for the shifter. Box two is the kill box for the ignition, it has an adjustable timed output. Box two has two connections one with three wires from the control box, +, -, and shift signal. The other is brown wire that you wire to the (-) of the coil, comes from ECM. From what I have figured out, the ECM sends a (-) signal when it needs to fire the coil, the kill box in turn places a timed (90 to 160ms) positive signal on the negative side which doesn't allow it to fire. Mine is adjust to the minimum (90ms) which is all it needs to unload the pressure in the trans and the electro magnet fires and your shifted smooth as silk even at full throtle. I could not believe how smooth, and fast, there is absolutely no way that you could shift faster. BTW if you get one and you blow your ECM fuse, turn down the adjustment (counter clockwise). To long of a (+) on that side of the ECM draws high current and blows your fuse. I am sure once I go to NOS it will have to be adjusted for the extra power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My rod is an 02. I was using an air pressure micro switch. Very hard to adjust kill time. Sometimes it worked great and sometimes it would miss shifts. Changed over to the dyna shift counter. I think this is going to be the way to go on the rod. It could also be used to activate a multi-stage nos system or turbo boost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
big bore

Rick Nielson said:
MISSED FIRST TWO,RAN HIS BUELL,TYED FOR FIFTH IN POINTS.
STREET BIKES START ON THE 21ST, GOT MINE RUNNING 80 MPH 30% THROTLE,WILL PROB. MAP TP 50% THROTLE SAT. GOT THREE HUND. MILES
ON BIG BORE. VANCE AND HINES ARE MAGNA FLUX,HEADS TO SEE IF
THEY CAN BE SAVED .SHOULD KNOW TODAY OR TOM.EAGLE SAID THE
LINERS AND CASES SHOULD BE ON THE WAY SOON.ANOTHER THRASH
WEEK AGAIN. OH WELL IF IT TAKES MORE THAN 10 SEC''S YOU CAN'T.
BE HAPPY.
:cheers:
Who did your bb chopper steve did mine and going to pick it up thur/fri
I know you only have 3oomi. any quircks/flatspots etc any infor appeiateded
thanks terryvr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Co2 is the way to go on your shifter. elect from dale is high dollar an could set a code in your ecm it does on jap bikes mps kill bx works great even on vrod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave419 you know there is something to be said for the electric shifter. And I'm still not sure about the kill system they use. But, I am very happy with my new Co2 and my shift counter.
 

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
terry r said:
Who did your bb chopper steve did mine and going to pick it up thur/fri
I know you only have 3oomi. any quircks/flatspots etc any infor appeiateded
thanks terryvr
WE DID MY BB.(CYCLE NUTS AND BOLTS H.D.) DEPENDS ON THE CAMS,ALITTLE SURING AT 3000RPM RIGTH WHERE THE CAM COMES ON.NOT A BIG DEAL.
GO TO THE DYNO THREAD I POSTED. I'VE GOT 980 MILES NOW. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rick Nielson, That dyno sheet you posted looks about right. My guess is after you dial it in you'll find some more horsepower. Let us know when you run it. Also more about the whole setup, tires , gears, etc.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top