Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Billy
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just put a new belt on my 03. The new belt is very stiff and almost seems to stick slightly in the rear pulley when I turn the wheel. Does it take a bit of riding to fit better. My belt has always run right up to the out flange on the rear pulley. The new belt makes a little bit of noise when I turn it.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Hi, just put a new belt on my 03. The new belt is very stiff and almost seems to stick slightly in the rear pulley when I turn the wheel. Does it take a bit of riding to fit better. My belt has always run right up to the out flange on the rear pulley. The new belt makes a little bit of noise when I turn it.
No real break in required but the outer edge where it rubs the outer flange might polish up with some miles. If you get the belt tension a bit too tight, when the bike is hot and ridden a while it gets tighter and might have a intermittent squeak at slow speeds. Tension also effect how much pressure the side of the belt rubs the outer flange. Me, I set my tension at 8mm on a cold bike, at the tightest spot in rotation. There was a time I used to periodically dress the belt side with bees wax to silence the squeak but haven't for quite some time now.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts