Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 nrs and I was just on a nhra screaming eagle v rod and loved his bars .
Are there any aftermarket bars that are the same bend and or do you have suggestions for bars that are a bit straigher than stock
Gerry

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
Welcome to the best site on the web Gerry. I believe the v-mod drag bars are pretty close to being the same.

·
Registered
163 Posts
scotman623 said:
Does anything need to be changed from stock set-up to switch out bars? Or do these bars just go on with all the stock things?

No need to change anything else.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Thedak...Those stubby Cans !!Where did you get them...I'd love to get a set on my 06R..any tuning or you cut and go so to speak. Any info would be appreciated, anyone know how these cans can be shortened please chime in....Thanks Boun.

·
Registered
163 Posts
2Ikaika said:
Hey Thedak...Those stubby Cans !!Where did you get them...I'd love to get a set on my 06R..any tuning or you cut and go so to speak. Any info would be appreciated, anyone know how these cans can be shortened please chime in....Thanks Boun.
Cut with a Bandsaw.

Pull the guts out.

Put the End caps back on.

Done.

$0.00

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stomper, I am just east of london aprox 1/2 hr ,
I just ordered the x bars BUT I got them today and they are the same as my stock ones , turns out the part number is switched in the book . I should of ordered the dx bars . Hopefully I will get them switched next week

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
hey,

any of you southern Ontario guys ever ride down toward the falls?..im over on USA side,but I do ride over your side alot..need some more V owners down my way!...

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am all for headin down to the falls sometime
if we can get a few . I am sure I can round up a couple of bikes to go sometime

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey dak , why dont you give us some updated pics of you bike , I think you got some extras since the pic you showed us

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cool

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
put the new bars on today , they look awsome and feel great . Need a good ride now .
How do I know how hight to set my light back too , forgot to measure it first

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
man I wish mine would arrive!...i cant take this any longer....I know exactly whats gonna happen...

you local guys here know we got this awesome weather right now....well,I would guess my bike will come probably late next week and the projection for long range is COLDER!....thats exactly when my bike will arrive,when its pouring and 40!...damnit.

gonna be 80 this week too!

lol
Dan

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you should order them in niagara falls canada , mine were ordered by noon on monday and they called me at 10:30 on tues, they are in stock at HD in canada . Dont know how much in the states but they were about $70 here(plus tax)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts