Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just in the middle of selling my Sportster and buying a VRod.
I need the forum's advice.
Looking at a new 2003 VRod, custom paint (excellent), 2004 sprocket installed, custom exhaust and computer tuned. (I added these to the sale)
Is there any reason I should skip this deal and just go for a stock 2004? Are there any real differences between 2003-2004 besided the sprocket? (and 2 year warrantee)

Thanks,

Bob B.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If you get the sprocket changed, there is no other difference. It will depend on the warranty and your preference of colors and price. It's your call, you win either way!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cape Cod Bob said:
Are there any real differences between 2003-2004 besided the sprocket? (and 2 year warrantee)

Thanks,

Bob B.

140MPH speedometer on the 03. 150MPH on the 04. :cheers:

RedDog

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Welcome... not much differnce unless you are talking about the B model, all the shinny stuff is polished not chrome.[lot of up keep]As far as the speedo with a 28 tooth pulley you will never see 150 mph.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, finally settled on a bike. This is a 2004 and I'm really liking it. Got a great comfortable seat, got pipes going on and should have her on the road this Friday. WOW! this is a hoot!
Thanks to those that helped me in making the decision.
Bob

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
:vrodforu:
Nice looking bike :thumb:

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I hope to see you hook-up with us New England V-Rodders at one of our upcoming get-together's! Laconia Bike Week is the first one in NH, but I'm sure that we'll have something happening southward in New England too... Keep an eye out in the Rallies and Group Meets area.

Have fun on your new V...!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
0rest 0har said:
Welcome to the forums!

I hope to see you hook-up with us New England V-Rodders at one of our upcoming get-together's! Laconia Bike Week is the first one in NH, but I'm sure that we'll have something happening southward in New England too... Keep an eye out in the Rallies and Group Meets area.

Have fun on your new V...!
Thanks for that tip. Would really like to hook up with other Vrod folks.

Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the "welcome" Vrodvinny and Kalama. Looking forward to many happy days on the Vrod.

Bob

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bob :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
very sharp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts