Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New, and I dont have a V-rod... Edit now I do

But I am looking for one! I just sold my old school chopper and I am looking to get on to a v-rod and do some work over the winter. Some of the street fighter bikes have inspired me.

This is what I just sold

·
Registered goober
23 Posts
I am MEGA jealous of your LSX conversion! I have an S14 as well and go round and round and round trying to convince myself to do the same. Very clean install as well. Did you do it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is her

Old owner used the rear brakes hard, replacing the pads as soon as they come in. Also the front rotors, the right side seems to "float" looser then the other side. Do those metal shims wear out? I don't like how easily it "floats" with the touch of the hand.

Plans
K&N filter
Cam's
Tuning

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have fun here,
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

·
Registered Used
342 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.
Regarding the disc, check that all the spring washers under the disc bolts are all facing the same way and the bolts are torqued to 16-24 ftlb.
That should do it.
Oh and dont sit at the lights with the front brake on as the discs are prone to warping if the discs are hot.

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
sportster vs. vrod

hello.nice bike.i dont have a vrod either,i do have a 883 sporster that i have put lots of money into.its beautiful.ihave my eye on a vrod,i just cant seem to trade it in,i want them both but can only have one,i just dont know what to do.good luck finding a vrod.tonya

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I have been here 30+ days, purchased and received good trader notification but I cant post in the classifieds trade section, but I can in for sale..... Any mods able to help, I emailed the admin, but I'm sure his box is flooded..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.