Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to install the V&H 2 into 2 PN-17555? They are going for cheap and from what I understand it seems like the only modification to be done is to install the O2 bung reducers to fit the 12mm sensors? I just don't want to purchase everything in vain. It is quiet but I figure I can modify the can it to make it louder. I just like the you can see the rear wheel with it and the it hangs a bit lower off the passenger peg because the stock muffler is melting my wifes shoes lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I Would take a chrome tab slip-on turn out with efi tuner.

How is that at all helpful to anyone? OP asked about the V&H 2-1.

OP, my understanding is that the exhaust mounts are the same. However, there appears to be some question regarding the location of the O2 sensors, in addition to the thread size. Be prepared to tug on the harness or cut some retaining clips to lengthen the wire, or maybe buy some O2 extension harnesses to make everything reach.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Has anybody tried to install the V&H 2 into 2 PN-17555? They are going for cheap and from what I understand it seems like the only modification to be done is to install the O2 bung reducers to fit the 12mm sensors? I just don't want to purchase everything in vain. It is quiet but I figure I can modify the can it to make it louder. I just like the you can see the rear wheel with it and the it hangs a bit lower off the passenger peg because the stock muffler is melting my wifes shoes lol.
We have someone in the Houston Vrod club who has done this already. These fit just fine and are loud on their own. I've seen and heard the bike. The wiring and O2 sensors aren't a problem, there is enough room for it all to fit.

I V-modded an older "A" model system and had it black ceramic coated (let a chrome ring on the tips) and put it on our 2012 NRS. it bolts right up too and has a great sound. Also no issues with wiring and O2 sensors either.

What side of town are you on? There are quite a few of us up on the NW side.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2 into 1 system I was referring to was the older style - 09' but still used the passeger peg mount. I live on the NW side as well, hope to meet up with y'all sometime soon.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts