Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the new 2008 VRSCAW at $16,695 with 1,250 engine, ABS, and 105th Anniversary Copper model compare with the 2006 SE2 at $10,000 more?

·
06 SE V-Rod
189 Posts
Probably does not help the resale value of SE's either, but that doesn't bother me. :)

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
It has a bigger gas tank than the SE2.

·
Now on a VRSCDX!!!
604 Posts
Two words... Ugly Fender

Uhmm I guess it has that "slipper clutch" whatever that is

Viva La 1250!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
The slipper clutch is no big deal and is backward compatible if you want one, I prefer the more positive engagement of the standard clutch... A slipper makes it easier for a beginner or average rider while down-shifting especially on a turn at higher RPMs, less immediate compression braking (Rear tire less prone to lock up)... I prefer to modulate the power myself and do not like the feel of a slipper... Mostly used on sport bikes, some top racers don't like them, it is a matter of taste, but for someone who is inexperienced it can be a safer ride...

So you get a lot less chrome... (Matter of taste)
You get steel skins and a fatter rear fender...
You get a 5 gallon tank...
You can get ABS for U$ 800.00... (I prefer my bikes without it)
You get a slipper clutch... (Can be a safety + for new riders)
You get O2 sensors...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
arice007 said:
I assume skins are fenders.
What were the fenders made of previously??
aluminum :stilpoke:

·
hey now....
49 Posts
Are you saying you could buy a VRSCSE2 for $26,995?!?! I think you can pick up a new one a lot less than that somewhere.

I bought mine used with 2,000 miles on it in March for $19,000. You don't get the "I rode it first" experience, but I prefer to save the money and let someone else take the depreciation hit.

I love my bike. I was looking at a 2007 new AW model, but I figured my wife would never let me put the reactor wheels and other chrome on if I had to spend over $9,000 to get it after I purchased the bike for $17,000 ($26,000 total).

I do wish I had a 5 gallon tank though! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts