Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just picked up a new 2008 DX last week, and wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum! All the posts, pics, and instructions on mods have been a huge help.

I've been reading up on the bike since last spring, rented a Night Rod over the Summer, and almost bought a 2007. Once I heard about the changes for 2008, I decided to wait. I've been riding for about 20 years (mainly sportbikes), but the DX is my first Harley.

I lucked out since I was planning to get a deposit down, but San Jose Harley Davidson had this bike on the floor last week. I ran down and gave them deposit to hold it - 5 minutes later another guy walked in looking for the same bike. I've read some posts on people having issues with dealers, but San Jose has been great to deal with - probably the best experience I've had with a bike purchase so far. I'm hoping this impression keeps up for future business. :thumb:

One question for others in California - I'm told the SERT is no longer being shipped to California, and the dealers aren't willing to tune one even if you get it out of state due to crackdowns by CARB on emissions. I've used Power Commanders in the past for other bikes, but liked what I've read on the forum about the SERT. Anyone know of an independent shop that tunes the SERT, or have opinions on the included maps if I were to buy online and install myself?

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
:vrodforu: CONGRATS ON THE BIKE!!!!!!!!! :vrodforu:

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Fine lookin machine!

Ain said:
Hi everyone,

Just picked up a new 2008 DX last week, and wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum! All the posts, pics, and instructions on mods have been a huge help.

I've been reading up on the bike since last spring, rented a Night Rod over the Summer, and almost bought a 2007. Once I heard about the changes for 2008, I decided to wait. I've been riding for about 20 years (mainly sportbikes), but the DX is my first Harley.

I lucked out since I was planning to get a deposit down, but San Jose Harley Davidson had this bike on the floor last week. I ran down and gave them deposit to hold it - 5 minutes later another guy walked in looking for the same bike. I've read some posts on people having issues with dealers, but San Jose has been great to deal with - probably the best experience I've had with a bike purchase so far. I'm hoping this impression keeps up for future business. :thumb:

One question for others in California - I'm told the SERT is no longer being shipped to California, and the dealers aren't willing to tune one even if you get it out of state due to crackdowns by CARB on emissions. I've used Power Commanders in the past for other bikes, but liked what I've read on the forum about the SERT. Anyone know of an independent shop that tunes the SERT, or have opinions on the included maps if I were to buy online and install myself?

View attachment 93253

View attachment 93254
:vrodforu: :vrodforu:

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
congrats!....08 DX is da chit!..

Im gonna probably go with a TFI....check them out

Dan

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Congrats you lucky bastard!!! Great bike!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome. I have a friend that is a HD certified mechanic. He can do your sert install. I know that the House of Thunder has the SERT. call them 776-1900. Good luck

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
nice ride, glade to have you

1 - 20 of 26 Posts