Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I just picked up a 08 VRSCAW 3 weeks ago for a steal in mint condition. The 08 came with some nice parts already on it, and one of them is the corbin. I am not really a big fan of corbin due to there seats being pricey, and not comfortable at all, and in this case that is what that is, but my main issue is when I go to open the seat to get to the tank to fill up with fuel, the damn seat is scratching the shit out of my tank.

I was wondering if any other corbin seat owners on there vrods have this issue? I noticed when I went to go pick up the 08 there was light scratches in the tank, but now they are just getting deeper and deeper. Any advice? Probably goin to get a tank bra

·
Registered
353 Posts
welcome to 1130....best thing to do is get the 3m clear bumper film and cut i little part to fit there and ur good to go....bra's look weird and over time wind flap will wear the clearcoat anyway...3m for the win!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a stock '08 seat with about 300 miles on it that I will trade you.
Never had a Corbin but I would give it a shot.
Steve

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a stock '08 seat with about 300 miles on it that I will trade you.
Never had a Corbin but I would give it a shot.
Steve

No thanks Steve the guy who bought the bike paid $800 for the corbin, and I will just spend some money, and send it into mean city seats to get it rebuilt for cheap. They rebuilt my stock 04 CBR 600RR seat, and that thing is amazingly comfortable now.

Thanks guys

Oh, and one more question, Is everyones seats hard to open? I will put the key in, and turn it but I have to pull pretty hard to getter open. the corbin key is super chinsy, the spring lock is pretty heavy they have on there. Any advice?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
stock VRSCAW seats do not lock, that is strictly an aftermarket (Corbin) thing
you may be able to have you seat people install a barrel lock & key system instead of the current key. The barrel key would be more like your bike key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts