Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all...the new DX arrives tomorrow,and Ive been trying to see whats out already for tuning.....I see manolo has the TFI GEN3 version which looks real nice,but I dont know where he got it!...

anyone know what else is out for tuning the 08s?...just will start with removal of baffles and k&N/topples....but will be ordering a thunderheader later.

thanks
dan

·
Banned
405 Posts
I bought the same as manolo, the Dobeck Gen3. You can call George (Dobeck Performance) @ 877-764-3337, $250 shipped ground ups.

Gen 3 uses the 02 sensors or you can go with the older Gen 2 that bypasses them. George said they are having great luck with bikes and using the gen 3 setup currently. It is called "beta test" or something like that on the box.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!...

how much is SERT and is it something dealer must do?..does it need dyno run?...TFI seems to be easiest to tweak by yourself.....dont think pc111 is out yet for the 08 either....

Im gonna call dobeck about the Gen3....seems real cool with the pushbutton style now.

thanks!

·
Banned
405 Posts
If you do not have experience I would let the dealer work the first time through with the SERT. They are around $375-400 shipped online and will need a dyno tune to get ya going. There has been reports that the current software is casuing problems with the 08's also.

PC3 said no go a week or so ago they are having a hard time getting an 08 bike to test on.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Why don't you ride it for the first 1000 miles 100% stock and then consider your options once the first service has been done? That way if anything pops up there's no question regarding warranty.

If you absolutely must modify the bike and you don't know what a race tuner is or what it can do then I would suggest you stick with the Techlusion OR talk to your dealer about what they support. If you aren't going to do the work yourself then you need to pick a solution that the person who will be working on the bike is comfortable with.

Information on the Race Tuner (SERT) can be found in the sticky threads in this section. A Race Tuner plus cables is about $380 plus the time it takes to use it to modify the maps. It's very complex and requires accurate air/fuel measurements and someone who is fully conversant in EFI technology to correctly use it. That may or may not be your dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts