Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday I finalized the deal for an '06 VRSCR. The bike was sold as new since it was never titled. She has 157 miles on her and some of the extras are:

1) Custom paint in silver metal flake trimmed in black
2) Performance Machine 21" tantrum front wheel, 18" tantrum rear wheel w/200/55/18 tire
3) Performance Machine tantrum pulley and tantrum rotors front & rear
4) Power Commander III USB
5) D&D Fat Cat 2-1 in black
6) Left side mount tail/brake light and licence plate mount
7) Rick's Streetfighter Airbox cover w/relocated speedo/rpm-meter in top of cover
8) Custom seat and black powder coated handlebars

They are doing make ready tomorrow so I will pick it up this week and get some pictures posted soon.

The one thing I may change is the rear fender if I can pick up one at a decent price on e-bay. They have put a Kawasaki ZX636 tail section and undertail on for the sport bike look. I don't really dislike it but am not overly thrilled either. I'll run it as is for a while and then decide.

I can't say I hit a home run on the price for an '06 but I am relativley satisfied with an out the door price of $9900 when they started at $14680 plus TT&L plus dealer make ready and other dealer crap fees.

This bike will complete my stable of rides which is comprised of the '06 VRSCR, a 2007 stock 50th Anniversary Limited Edition (962/2000) XL 50 Sportster w/700 miles which I picked up 3 weeks ago in a client trade and plan to chop and my 2009 Road Glide w/S&S 106" Big Bore kit, 570G cams, 89cc ported and polished heads, RB Racing LSR Black Hole 2-1 exhaust, totally blacked out metal parts, custom paint of Candy Apple Red with Tribal designs in two different colors of light and dark black, HogPro wheels, PM rotors and much more (no pics posted since I'm on a V-Rod forum).

Everyone ride safe.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Congrats on the 'R!
(And you can show non-VRSC's on the site...)

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Congratulations, Hondo! Looking forward to seeing what you got. If this is the one with a ton of mods you mentioned earlier, you got an ok deal. Get tires. 5 year old rubber is 5 year old rubber. Get a new battery, and keep it on a tender. Enjoy! Welcome! I love mine. Post pictures of your new baby. Joe

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Congrats, Hondo!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I can't say I hit a home run on the price for an '06 but I am relativley satisfied with an out the door price of $9900 when they started at $14680 plus TT&L plus dealer make ready and other dealer crap fees.
I think you did just fine. A brand new V for under 10K? Not to mention all the goodies? (it's OK to brag about he extra's now).Hell, most here that bought new spent $4-5K more minimum, albeit they bought a recent model year. Nice score.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats on the 'R!

Can you put some pictures of your new motorcycle? I would like to see the kawasaki ZX636 tail section it could be a good mod.

Only I would change the power commander, I prefer the new Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts