Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit, I screwed up......

There was a post on here about riding in rain.. I made a smart ass comment about being in So Cal and didn't know what rain was.....

Well, I got hammered today. It's been very humid out here since Hurricane Dean went rolling by and our mtns get some build up. I was riding today, beautiful ride going. Saw some build up but it was behind us.... Then Bam !!!!! We get right in the middle of a torrential downpour..... I lasted as long as I could until I found a big enough tree to hide under... Didn't matter, it rained so hard there was no place to hide.. Soaked thru to the bone......... Then coming down the mtn the temps got to 100+..... nice and steamy...

Now to clean my baby....................

I've learned my lesson... No more wise cracks..... :notworth:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Try riding in rain with a set of full leathers on and getting drenched... feels like you've got 100lbs on your back!

Hahahah... you got off easy!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I got caught a few weeks ago in a torrential downpour that included hail. It was rainging so hard we were passing cars that were pulled over because they could see. We had to find a place to wait out the storm and when we sopped my arms and face were bright red from getting pelted with hail. Riding in hail with a t-shirt and 1/2 helmet $ucks.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
I got caught a few weeks ago in a torrential downpour that included hail. It was rainging so hard we were passing cars that were pulled over because they could see. We had to find a place to wait out the storm and when we sopped my arms and face were bright red from getting pelted with hail. Riding in hail with a t-shirt and 1/2 helmet $ucks.

I agree hail sucks, got caught in it on my old Shovelhead. Hurts, stings and when it collects around your crotch it gets cold.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
I wish some of that rain would have passed thru this part of so cal. We had a high of 104 today in Orange... And I couldn't even ride to cool down late in the day with a fat nail stuck in my rear tire...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts