Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing their neutral light flashing during acceleration. It looks like it gets brighter during acceleration, and flashes lighter during deceleration. Just wondering.

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Nope I haven't seen that. I do have a buddy with an '07 SE that he had to have his switch replaced for some reason but I'm not sure what it was doing.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
thats a new one....so you mean while revving it up in neutral it flashes right?...obviously you cannot have N light on while riding...lol

i havent really looked at mine but Im sure i would have noticed if it did that....

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it's weird. While in gear, it will brighten as I accelerate, then a dim glow when I decelerate. It's like at a party when the lights are tied to flash with the music...When in Neutral it works as usual. I have checked connections at the back of the case, and they look secure.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Back N Black said:
Yeah, it's weird. While in gear, it will brighten as I accelerate, then a dim glow when I decelerate. It's like at a party when the lights are tied to flash with the music...When in Neutral it works as usual. I have checked connections at the back of the case, and they look secure.
so you mean when you are RIDING the bike in motion,and in gear going down a road...the NEUTRAL light is ON????????????

that is WRONG obviously....lol....you should obviously only see the N in GREEN when you are between 1st and 2nd gear(N)

that is bizzarre.

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah...it is not a bright green like when it is in gear, but real faint until you rev, then it glows brighter. When I do go to neutral it lights up like normal.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
waterwerks said:
Sounds like a short or bad ground for the neutral light switch in the trans...
:them:

Let us know what it turns out to be. Odd one......

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
I have had this happen on my 06 R. It will most likely get worse, mine turned out to be a lose ground wire that finally broke and left me stranded. Every light in the dash was blinking with the RPM's. Good luck with that.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
You may have water in the little rubber boots that cover the connections on the switch. Or the spring inside the switch may be broken...

I'd check the connections first, then replace the switch. (Good luck if you have an aftermarket tank.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts