Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Adam
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my nephew was riding along, center lane of a three lane road. Police and witnesses say he was obeying the speed limit. A car ran a light right in front of him, causing him to t-bone the car, flip over the handle bars AND the car, and land on his head.

Thanks god he was wearing his helmet, it definately saved his life, even though he isn't out of the woods yet. His helmet has a crack on the top front, about 4 inches long. He's in critical condition in the ICU @ Baylor hospital here in Dallas.

When EMS arrived on the scene, he was unresponsive and was not breathing. He had a collapsed lung, and bleeding in his abdomen. He's still unconcious, 2 broken collar bones, 1 broken scalpula, a pelvis fracture. Breathing from a ventilator. They put in a tube and got the lung working again, although they say he still can't breath well enough on his own to take him off the ventilator. They say that the cat scan doesn't show any head injuries, but they won't know about brain damage until he wakes up, which could be several days.

The latest is his blood pressure is dropping, and they aren't sure why.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
My prayers and thought are with him, you and his family. I wish him strength and good luck.

·
CEMIRT Lifer
524 Posts
Prayers for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Oh, honey. Prayers for him and you all. Seriously, keep us posted through the night, if you can.

I defer to others much more knowledgeable, but dropping bp might indicate internal bleeing they haven't discovered yet. If so, he'll go into surgery soon and they'll find and stop it.

Hugs, sweetheart.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Well include him in our prayers. Is he at Baylor on the bush or downtown?

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
I'll be wishing him the best as well. Awful to hear news of this kind.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Best wishes to him and your family.

I always hate to hear about these, especially when the rider has done NOTHING WRONG!

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
So sorry about this!
Will pray for him.
As much as I hate wearing the lid.......this is yet another testimonal to wearing one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There are times we wonder and ask , Why does this happen ?. Stay strong and keep the faith . I will be praying for your Nephew . Let us know his name when you get the time .

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
Prayers and thoughts go out to your nephew.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hope your nephew heals well, prayers are with you and your family.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts