Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 A model with a stage 1 download, and K&N filter, Rinehart (bub)2 into 2 pipes. Thinking of using a tuner with a o2 sensor thought someone here might have an idea or suggestion of what ones to look at and ones to stay away from? thanks

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
leonmark said:
I have an 02 A model with a stage 1 download, and K&N filter, Rinehart (bub)2 into 2 pipes. Thinking of using a tuner with a o2 sensor thought someone here might have an idea or suggestion of what ones to look at and ones to stay away from? thanks
You're going to get responses across the board that will probably say:

1) H-D Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner, all others suck
2) H-D Screamin' Eagle Race Fueler, all others suck
3) DynoJet PCIII Commander, all others suck
4) Gil's Box, all others suck
5) __________ (fill in the blank), all others suck

Me personally, I have the Race Tuner. All others suck. :)

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Either the daytona VFRID self tuning ECM or the SERT with Wego dual channel AFR monitoring equip and Twin Scan II are the only options that use o2 sensors.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
DTHDOC said:
Either the daytona VFRID self tuning ECM or the SERT with Wego dual channel AFR monitoring equip and Twin Scan II are the only options that use o2 sensors.
Doing a search for the daytona VFRID only refrences 1130cc.com... got a link to the info about this product? Thanks.

-Bill

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Xoygeha said:
:thumb: not trying to hijack the thread, but how hard is it for the layman to install. If I read it right, all you have to do is install the new ecu, hook up the oxygen sensors, and fire up the bike. This correct?
I installed one on my R. It is not simple by any means. The instructions are somewhat scattered. All of the info is there but you need to read a lot of different pubs to get all the information. Mechanically, it is not challenging. If you don't work in a shop or own one, or have a well equipped garage you will have to farm out some things. O2 sensors require bungs in the exhaust header near the head port. This requires planning and a muffler shop that will do the welding or a set of pipes with bungs already installed.
Mounting the O2 sensor controller, a little wiring, not a big deal.
It can be done but, like I said it isn't simple. I think several people on 1130cc.com have done it. If you need advice you can get some help here. Going back to stock is simple, just get the bung plugs. I couldn't find any locally and the muffler shop in town didn't have any to sell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i bought the bike they stated it had a STAGE 1 Download, not sure what it does, i believe it allows the use of less restricting pipes and a different aircleaner? only a guess though, because i know jack about the computer need of efi releated issues.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
louballs said:
what does the harley "stage 1" download do exactly??
It allows the use of screamin eagle pipes and air filter, it basically just richens the bike up a little.

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you are really interested in the vrfid then there are several LONG post on here in this EFI section...one is even a sticky.

Everything you could ever want to know including all the silly questions I asked when I put mine on are there....reading over these pages should give you an idea of what you are getting into.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts