Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead::banghead:Hey everyone, here's my deal I have two Harley's one was my old mans bike so I will never part with it and the other is my DX. I want to get a Street glide so I can take long trips with out my old lady complaining. I don't want to get rid of my DX but I can't afford three bikes. Any way what would you consider a fair price on the bike? It is a 07 gloss black with denim strips. I have the cubby black toxic drag bars, the Harley bullet front head light and turn signal relocation, thunder header exhaust and thunder max tuner. Any idea what's a fair price. I have seen prices from 11,000 to 13,500 for a 07. Please don't beat me up for wanting to sell the DX for a street glide it's hard enough to part with the bike in the first place. Thanks for all your advice.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My suggestion would be hit a few dealers and have them put a number on your bike, then based on that find a bike you like and work out a trade. You will save money in the taxes with the trade difference.

Another suggestion hit Chicago HD take very detailed pics and get a buy figure from them. You want a different bike so my thought would be if you still end up staying in your budget trading why go through the issues of selling it.

And no I dont sell bikes for a living. LOL

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
My suggestion would be hit a few dealers and have them put a number on your bike, then based on that find a bike you like and work out a trade. You will save money in the taxes with the trade difference.

Another suggestion hit Chicago HD take very detailed pics and get a buy figure from them. You want a different bike so my thought would be if you still end up staying in your budget trading why go through the issues of selling it.

And no I dont sell bikes for a living. LOL
Dont' go to a stealer:bash: some dealer seller are DA
Look on craiglist and here on the forum so you can see for how much the bike is selling or people asking; pretty easy

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
2011 DX starts at $14.7k Comes with the reengineered fuel gauge/sender, 1250cc engine...
If it were me, I would put the bike back to stock and sell off all the aftermarket tidbits before trying to sell. The some of the parts are greater than the whole.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would think High 10's low 11's, depending on the market in your area. I bought my 2007 DX last summer bone stock with 2800 miles on it for $11,000. It is also vivid black with satin black stripes. That's just a guestimate though. With the economic climate as it is, it may fall into the low 10's. That's just my opinion. I also agree you need to take the aftermarket parts off and replace with stock parts if you kept them. The aftermarket parts do absolutely nothing to increase the value. Sell the aftermarket parts on here or Ebay to help recoup some of your money.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i'd think you won't get more than about $10K, but what do i know
I agree. I bought my 07 DX this past March with similar mods for $11,000. At the time it was the best deal going. I suggest watching the classified section of this forum and see what people are asking for and whats moving or getting interest. Sure you will see people listing an 07 for $13,500 but unless its some total custom job, they are hard pressed to even get reply's let alone a legit offer.

I watch my local craigslist daily just to kill time. I've seen DX's (07-08's) go from $9999 to $14000. One in particular I looked at in March before I bought mine. The guy was asking $12500 at the time and wouldnt budge at all with my cash offer. Here we are in July, its still on craigslist, and its been on a downward slide to its current price of $9999.

I'm not sure about your local market but around me, expensive toys just arent moving like they used to. KBB it, look around, and ask for what you think is fair or for what you need to make back. As another member mentioned, you may make out better by striping your aftermarket stuff. You and I both know unfortunately you will never recoop any of that cost.

My price opinion: $10,500 to $11,500 but thats based on what I see moving (or lack there of) in my area. Anyways, good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Or send the wife to a motorcycle driving course and let her ride the VRod on trips and as long as your "old man's" bike is still road safe ride it. My wife rides my VRod as often as possible now, I can't hardly get her to ride her own Sporty. I'm forced to ride my Chopper ... damn, oh well when you're married you make those sacrifices.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies, I guess when I'm ready I will strip off the aftermarket parts and go from there, thanks again.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Somewhere in the $10's may get it sold. There is a heavily modded Turboed 07 DX on here that cant get $12,500 at this time.. :banghead:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts