Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I posted on here a few weeks ago about drilling holes in my baffles on my DX and at the time I liked the sound and was statisfied with it. Now I want more sound and have decided to go ahead and remove the baffles all together. My questions are >>>

1.What size hole saw do I need so I can keep the black end cap mounts in place?

2. Can I do this with the cans on the bike or do I have to remove the cans and drill out both ends?

·
Registered
56 Posts
On your second question, you just have to drill in the back. When its losend just pull the baffel backwards. It will come of pretty easy, at least my did. The baffel is just welded in the back on the DX. Search the forum and you will find the dimension on the holesaw to drill. Ill guess if its bigger than the baffelhole and smaller than the cap mounts, your in the right state at least.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Btw you can drill it with the mufflers on the bike. just measure the inner dia of the capmount and there you have the size of the holesaw. The capmount are welded on the outside of the ring so you cant mess it up. The capmount ring guides the holesaw from twisting and if i didn´t know better i´ll guess they did the muffler prepared for modding.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On your second question, you just have to drill in the back. When its losend just pull the baffel backwards. It will come of pretty easy, at least my did. The baffel is just welded in the back on the DX. Search the forum and you will find the dimension on the holesaw to drill. Ill guess if its bigger than the baffelhole and smaller than the cap mounts, your in the right state at least.
Makes sense. I'm going to give it a go this week. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts