Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one know of a good shipper with good rates? I dont want to use one that takes my bike to a warehouse and lets it sit till they have a load coming my way. I found this guy http://www.quik-shots.com for 475 he can have it here in about a week.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have used HaulBikes.com twice to ship my bikes but they do take a few weeks. However they offer great service, great insurance, and I didn't have a single scratch on either bike. It's really all about who you are comfortable trusting your bike with. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
From where to where will affect the price. If your willing to be flexible with the time the price will drop. I used a guy I got from uship. I have saved his number as he did a first class job. Checked the bike over before loading, called me before leaving the dealership to make sure all had been given to him, arrived about 5 days later ( il to nj) with long custom built trailer and my Buell in perfect shape. Here's his number 513 508 5631 Daniel Lawson . He was not the cheapest but had 100% feedback.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used JC Motors Motorcycle Transport to ship my 2009 Speed Triple when I bought it in April 2009. I paid $585 total for shipping. At the time it was the best deal I could get from a reputable shipper.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Where to where? I'm bored. Joe

·
946 Posts
There is a local shipping company that I'd recommend if your talking anywhere between Pa. and Florida. I know the guy and they make the trip at least once a week, some times more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies but the owner sold the bike out from under me. My bank was sending the check out that afternoon and he didn't want to wait o a check.:chair:

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
A better deal will show up!

·
Orange is cool!
118 Posts
From where to where will affect the price. If your willing to be flexible with the time the price will drop. I used a guy I got from uship. I have saved his number as he did a first class job. Checked the bike over before loading, called me before leaving the dealership to make sure all had been given to him, arrived about 5 days later ( il to nj) with long custom built trailer and my Buell in perfect shape. Here's his number 513 508 5631 Daniel Lawson . He was not the cheapest but had 100% feedback.
Did you buy your Buell from McHenry Harley? Just curious they were shipping out a Tom of Buells from there.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Yep, it's a light weight rocket! But I did get the long warranty on it as they have had some issues.

·
Orange is cool!
118 Posts
Yep, it's a light weight rocket! But I did get the long warranty on it as they have had some issues.
I live 5 minutes from them. I purchased one of their last brand new 09 1125Rs.

You are right, they are rockets. Couldn't beat the fire sale pricing.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Only thing I have added is some turn outs on the exhaust to stop it dumping allover the back wheel and brake. Might have to do some mods to that brake as it's very weak compared to the front, the out of balance braking I find tough to deal with. My vrod and triumph stop more controlled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts