Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found new Throttle Body on ebay for $125..............Thanks for all your help!

Anybody have a stock TB for my bike?

There is a chance I won't need it but I want to start the search now just in case.

I took the IAC off to check it and broke the head off one of the IAC bolts because Harley practically welded the bolts in the unit with thread lock. If that wasn't bad enough, an easy-out then broke off in the bolt after I drilled it and the easy-out metal is so hard I haven't found a drill bit that will drill through it so I can try again (Venting)!

If you have one let me know. I hope to find a newer one that is still fully assembled with the IAC and all attached.

Thanks!

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Anybody have a stock TB for my bike? .

Thanks!
Check fitment to your 2007 AW. From my 2009 VRSCF I have a complete stock 53mm set-up with all the sensors, linkage ect. intact that I could probably part with and make some much needed cash as well.

Let me know how yours works out... - Brad

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find a part number for your throttle body but I am definitely interested if it will fit, the price is right and I can cancel the order I placed today through the local Harley stealer.

Do you know where to find the part number for your item? The part number for mine is 420427 (3907130-001). That is the number for the entire assembly with all the sensors, linkages, etc.

Here is a schematic with the part number if you come across something similar for the vrscf so you can make sure we are comparing apples to apples:

http://www.bikebandit.com/2008-harley-davidson-motorcycle-vrsc-v-rod-vrscaw/o/m18648

Assuming it will fit and I can cancel my order, how much?

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
All the 53MM throttlebodies are the same.

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
I can't find a part number for your throttle body but I am definitely interested if it will fit, the price is right and I can cancel the order I placed today through the local Harley stealer.

Do you know where to find the part number for your item? The part number for mine is 420427 (3907130-001). That is the number for the entire assembly with all the sensors, linkages, etc.

Here is a schematic with the part number if you come across something similar for the vrscf so you can make sure we are comparing apples to apples:

http://www.bikebandit.com/2008-harley-davidson-motorcycle-vrsc-v-rod-vrscaw/o/m18648

I am so sorry, I got your PM and stopped looking at this thread. I never would have left you hanging if I knew you still could have used it. it's been 10 days so I'm assuming you're all set. Hopefully everything worked out good. Just for pricing sake what was a new kit priced at? I was thinking about $150 shipped with the shorty stacks from the stage II cam kit...

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts

Just re-looked at your PM and you said $125 which sounds like a very fair deal for new in the box. How did that work out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts