Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even looked at one but wondered if anyone had one and chould tell me the exact specs on the label like 14.0 volt 600ma etc. Thanks in advance

Max

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
looking at it now: Model 021-0123 - it says 120 VAC 20W, 12 [email protected] 750mA.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, I think that with the 12v dc rating that on a dvm it will probably read around 14v dc without the battery attached. 750ma was the most important number I needed. Is it a wall plug pack or does it use a cord to the transformer and then a cord to the bike?

Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks V-Man I think I have about 15 battery tenders laying around the house already. :) I needed to make something for Jeannie's bike as it does not get ridden as much and I hate to see the battery go bad.

Max

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Max, its a smart little sucker. I tried to get a no load voltage reading on it and it doesn't output anything! Must sense a battery before it goes hot. I noticed when I hooked it up to a totally drained battery, the lights didn't come on. After I charged the battery for an hour (on low setting) with my auto charger, then tried it, I got the red light. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts