Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just registered on this forum! Just recently bought my first motorcycle three months ago, my pride and joy 04 VRSCB! This thing was beautiful!!! I say was because about three weeks ago I was hit by a guy who was talking on his cell phone and not paying attention! He was stopped at an intersection and pulled out hitting me directly in the right side....ouch! I just was released from the hospital after three reconstructive foot surgeries...Everything is getting better so I will stop the pitty party. However, I am unable to work due to this injury until I can walk again, which I am told might be a year or longer. I have an attorney helping with an insurance settlement. I was told a settlement check for all my med bills may not be issued for a year as well. So I am broke and cannot make the payments on my bike. I am told that my only option is to give up the bike by a voluntary repo. Does anyone have any experience or advice in this matter. I can't even afford one more payment cause I am wiped out, and can't sell it in the condition its in because I have to pay off the loan and there is no way I can get my payoff amount with the way it looks right now. My leg is busted and now my credit is gonna go down the toilet cause some guy was so involved in talking on his phone :mad: Any advice on this matter would be awesome. Thanks....Daniel

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Danny,

Sorry to hear about your accident but your lucky to be around. The only thing I would suggest is to talk to an attorney about your situation. If anyone can make this problem better it would be them. Even though most attorney's are scum of the earth, they do have their place in it and your case sounds tailor made for one of them. Good luck and sorry your first post in here wasn't under better circumstances.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If the bike is totaled, which it probably is, they should be able to cut you a check nearly immediately.

The bike settlement is totally seperate from your injuries, work wages, etc.

Seems very odd this hasen't been done by now.

If the bike is not totaled, it can take longer.

However, your insurance company should cut a check, nearly immediately, based on their initial inspection.

My experience is a bit different, I know. But my company has been extremely quick to get money to start repairs on my bike.

On top of all that, the hospital should be filing your bills under the other person's insurance, so they shouldn't even be bothering you for payment of you medical bills.

Morf

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
And call the finance co. now and discuss the situation with them, mush easier when your not behind, thay may come to an arangement with you.

·
V-Dan
240 Posts
Glad to hear you are healing and it wasn't worse than it was.

I would think your insuance should take care of at least your bike. As was said above if it's totalled they should cut a check to you and the lein holder for the value of the bike. Then, your insurance company will go after the other guy's insurance but that won't involve you.

At least that would get you out from under the bike payments. I don't know how it works when there are medical bills and lost wages involved but I would think a partial payment could be made. You may be able to get some help from your insurance company on that part too.

Take care and heal quickly.

Dan

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
shouldnt the guys insurance be taking care of the bike?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts