Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the RT through the GP and also have self modded stock pipes (V-Mod style) and SE filter. I am looking for a map that will get me by until I have the tuning done. I will be tuning about an hour away so I need something that is safe for in town and on highway. By the way the ECM is stock right now.

Thanks
Ken

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Try 105GY001. That should work pretty well. You can also try my map (posted in the RT maps section). It's richer than the base map so you'll be even safer if you decide to remove the top. Neither map should give you any problems but use them as baselines rather than an end state.

·
Speed Freak
88 Posts
I have the same setup and loaded the the 105GY001 map and it runs ok. It stumbles a little at low to mid rpm range when slowly rolling on the throttle and sometimes will hesitate when snapping the throttle open. I am going to load Mark's map tonight and see how it feels. BTW, I still have the top on.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Brendon,

My map should help the stumble but it will be very rich in the midrange so you'll lose the stumble but the bike will get sluggish. Do two runs back to back with and without the top and you'll see what I mean.

Mark

·
Speed Freak
88 Posts
mjw930 said:
Brendon,

My map should help the stumble but it will be very rich in the midrange so you'll lose the stumble but the bike will get sluggish. Do two runs back to back with and without the top and you'll see what I mean.

Mark
I ran both ways and it felt pretty sluggish each way, less so with the top off; but it is only 57deg here right now. The bike was not fully warmed up but close - the oil temps were a little over 200. With the top on it felt like I hit a wall at 8k rpm and didn't want to go until a second after I gave it throttle at any rpm. I took off the top and it got a little smoother but still didn't have that grunt that it did before. It just felt like it was too much gas either way for my setup/current conditions. I put the 105gy001 map back in and ran that topless and it felt nice and smooth. I will have to try your map again when the weather gets warmer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am running stock v-mods, SE Filter, Topless, & originally loaded the 105GY001 map which I thought still had a flat spot at about 3500 to 4000 rpm. Then I loaded Marks latest map that he has posted & ran that yesterday, I thought it was a big improvment, still has a little (much smaller than before) hesitation when you snap the throttle around 4K but overall I thought it was an improvment. It was about 65 degrees yesterday, my elevation is 5000 ft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts