Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am in the process of installing my Rinehart 2into1. I got the headers on, heat shields already came installed and tightened.

I am having a hell of a time figuring out the rear mounting bracket asssembly and how it all connects to the muffler.

What exactly is the process with all the brackets? Do they go on first, or does the mufflers go on first?

The instructions for this thing are ****in terrible, they are very vague, there are no diagrams, and the part numbers in the instructions aren't on the actual parts...

I had the muffler on about 3 times now but can't seem to figure out what the process is. I got it on one time and it seemed to be good, but then I couldn't get the screws inside of it to tighten to the bracket.

Only Americans could of designed this thing...

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Hey guys,

I am in the process of installing my Rinehart 2into1. I got the headers on, heat shields already came installed and tightened.

I am having a hell of a time figuring out the rear mounting bracket asssembly and how it all connects to the muffler.

What exactly is the process with all the brackets? Do they go on first, or does the mufflers go on first?

The instructions for this thing are ****in terrible, they are very vague, there are no diagrams, and the part numbers in the instructions aren't on the actual parts...

I had the muffler on about 3 times now but can't seem to figure out what the process is. I got it on one time and it seemed to be good, but then I couldn't get the screws inside of it to tighten to the bracket.

Only Americans could of designed this thing...
Only Canucks can figure it out. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yea and I applied gasket sealer like an idiot. GG

·
Registered
976 Posts
Oh yea and I applied gasket sealer like an idiot. GG
I`m working for the rest of the week probably.But I`m around on the weekend to help .If you want to drop by my work to see how my fits let me know .

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I`m working for the rest of the week probably.But I`m around on the weekend to help .If you want to drop by my work to see how my fits let me know .
Yea but you made your own custom bracket. I have the original AW one. I think yours is a much easier fit. Thanks though, I wanted to install it today but my assistant (aka dad) hit the sack early, have to wait till tomorrow lol.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yea but you made your own custom bracket. I have the original AW one. I think yours is a much easier fit. Thanks though, I wanted to install it today but my assistant (aka dad) hit the sack early, have to wait till tomorrow lol.
You have to play around with it a bit .I did with mine .I`m still waiting for the aluminum to make a new one .

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow guys, I'm a true idiot.

I guess when they said in the manual instructions to "leave the header clamps loose and do not tighten until you install the muffler" they really meant it.

I just loosened all the clamps and it fit like a charm...

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Roflmao!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Yea bro I fired it up, pretty loud lol, although I didn't rev it, just let it heat up till the fans turn on to dial in the T-Max.

Going to go for a spin later on, right now I gotta clean up my garage, it looks like a tornado hit it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I thought the install was quite painless but I too made a custom bracket. Rockerdan's instructions sounded like the AW bracket fit pretty tight.
Enjoy that first ride with your "new" bike. Your going to wish you put those RH's on sooner. Don't forget your ear plugs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You have to play around with it a bit .I did with mine .I`m still waiting for the aluminum to make a new one .
I bought the aluminum for my bracket from HD. The better HD. Home Depot. Got a long enough piece left over if you need it. PM me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I must be crazy. Whats so enjoyable about wearing ear plugs Andrzej.
Nothing...I hate wearing them. But my ears ring like bells after a long ride with RH 2-1. Never had that problem with the stock sewing machine exhaust. Love the sound of the RH but I don't want to be deaf. My hearing is bad enough after hundreds of concert. Won't go back to stock though so ear plugs it is for now.

·
Registered
837 Posts
haha, ok. Just wanted to check. I wont buy an exhaust that I need earplugs to ride on. Oh well I shouldnt say that, I did but it came off as soon as I realized how loud it was.

I dont understand why everyone has to make there 2-1 exhaust so gd loud.

·
Registered
422 Posts
haha, ok. Just wanted to check. I wont buy an exhaust that I need earplugs to ride on. Oh well I shouldnt say that, I did but it came off as soon as I realized how loud it was.

I dont understand why everyone has to make there 2-1 exhaust so gd loud.
I hear ya...I'm about to insulate mine and see how that goes.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You should still probably wear ear plugs regardless of what exhaust you have, the wind noise is worse than the actual engine noise. With my Fat Shot's I wore earplugs always on longer trips, but for city rips and stuff I went without. We will see how the Rinehart is, it sounds nice at idle :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
You should still probably wear ear plugs regardless of what exhaust you have, the wind noise is worse than the actual engine noise. With my Fat Shot's I wore earplugs always on longer trips, but for city rips and stuff I went without. We will see how the Rinehart is, it sounds nice at idle :D
I hear a lot of people say that but I never had a problem with the wind noise with my stock exhaust. Full face helmet that would block out almost everything. Now with the RH's it feels like my helmet has a direct feed from the exhaust. I can't image what the person behind me hears.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts