Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking on ebay for MONTHS with no luck. And the stealership wants $300 for this little part. There HAS to be a better way!!!!!!

·
GIT UR DONE...later
990 Posts
They were backordered @ Zanotti's. It took a month to get it. It was $162.23 plus shipping of $ 15.78. Do it soon. I smell Spring...

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
All the ones I see on ebay are from bikes that have been dropped. Just get new from Chicago or Zanotti's. Note to self, get crash parts so when the V-ROD is disc I'll have some spares.

·
enigmas
339 Posts
Boost of course he doesn't want a bent one...the idea is to ring Kevin and ask if he has a good straight one available.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm looking for a Rht side rail for an 03, guy @ Zanotti said it was an "obsolete" part. I'm assuming other year models would work? Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I'm looking for a Rht side rail for an 03, guy @ Zanotti said it was an "obsolete" part. I'm assuming other year models would work? Any suggestions? Thanks guys.
The original part number is obsolete.The frame rails for the older bikes have a new number with a $240 price on them.
Way back when i had the local dealer run locator and find all the stocking dealers with the old part numbers to get mine,you might get lucky doing this.

·
GIT UR DONE...later
990 Posts
In January I ordered from Zanotti for an 02.
The part number was 47988-05.
Hard to believe it is obsolete 3 months later.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
In January I ordered from Zanotti for an 02.
The part number was 47988-05.
Hard to believe it is obsolete 3 months later.
You got an -05 part number for your -02. You got the newer (not obsolete) one. That's a fair price IMO.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Ive been looking on ebay for MONTHS with no luck. And the stealership wants $300 for this little part. There HAS to be a better way!!!!!!
To bad you weren't looking for one for a D model with mids, I have 2 right sides and 1 left side sitting in my garage.

I never understood why there were so many bent ones for sale on Ebay???

·
GIT UR DONE...later
990 Posts
Did the 05 have satin gray frame color?
The one I received matched.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
In my case, it doesnt look that bad, but the peg has truned a bitup so the break is hardly usable, and there are some cracks on the front part of the solder joint. I would be happier with a new one, but will consider sodlering too. Absolutely.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
In my case, it doesnt look that bad, but the peg has truned a bitup so the break is hardly usable, and there are some cracks on the front part of the solder joint. I would be happier with a new one, but will consider sodlering too. Absolutely.
It's actually mig welded. Heat to straighten, grind the joint as need for a new reweld and repaint. Most skilled fab guy can handle the repair , no problem. Best to let the person see what alignment fix is needed prior to removal and he can take it from there. It should have a slight preload in restraint prior to welding to keep the distortion in check so the alignment stays put. Sounds pretty minor in your case. By the way, those factory welds on that stub tube suck to start with and nothing special. I was a welder in my last life before retiring.
Ron

·
VRSC est -03
2,594 Posts
Crazy prices for used frame rails, 200$ ish at eBay. Like Ron says, weld & paint.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts