Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine doesn't seem quite right. need pic of both sides. searched but to no avail. my pulley had the wrong bearings installed in the pulley, and it canted the pulley and f ed it up. I was told it had the bearings for a std hd, not a vrod. Is the incorrect bearing a different size then the vrod bearings? If so it screws the my alignment up as well. Hmmm

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Pulley bearing is a double roller and the wheel bearing is a single roller.

HD P/N 40433-01 for the pulley

HD P/N 9247 for wheels

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which would make the lengh of the spacers diff, right?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
nut, washer, adjuster, swingarm, wheelspacer, pulley, spacer,wheel, wheelspacer, brake,swingarm, adjuster on axel.

Going left to right. Tin wheel spacer is on the right side.

do a search for the budget 240 and you will find some pics.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
wish i had this info. readily available to give to the hd shmuck boys who installed my AVONS.

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The manuals diagram I just discovered doesn't show a washer. I think on page 2-74, but it seems after working on it I have one left over. Ha
I'm having trouble tightening to 140, the adjusters seem to keep moving with Torque wrench on opposite of socket. any solutions?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Here's the pictures of the wheel parts from the 2006 parts book. There is a thin spacer that goes on the brake rotor side (#23 in the picture). This may be the ""washer" that you have left over. Once you get the belt tension correct, you have to hold a wrench on the axle bolt end and hold it in place so that it doesn't move and then torque the nut (#2) to specs. and then instal the e-clip (#14). Hopefully that makes sense......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Save some frozen food trays (washed of course). As you disassemble something segregate parts by side or by assembly in these trays. If necessary, take digital photos for later reference. This saves a lot of head scratching afterwards.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Guys, a great source for schematics is Biker Bandit... Just click on the OEM parts then click on Harley, enter your year and model and it will give you schematics for everything on your bike...

Note, the part numbers listed in the schematics are Biker Bandit not MOCO numbers... vrodmr here is a schematic off the site for your real wheel assembly;

http://www.bikebandit.com/2006-harley-davidson-vrsc-v-rod-vrsca/o/m18608#sch623223

You can blow them up, zoom into a particular area and print out the schematic...

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. That washer may well be a spacer. but after installing spacers on bothsides. Everything lines up so far. No washer in pics. Yes you must be right, when bearings were installed it must have changed my spacer requirements. Is it ok to run 2 spacers on one side?
Also the brake caliper does hook just under the piece jutting out from swingarm and not on top of it. Correct?
RSC watched your vid very good. Next time I will take before pics.
When it warms up a little more i'm heading over to buds garage to bleed brakes, tighten belt and finish torqueing axle. Tanks

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i needed that a while back lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts