Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed installing a STAGE II CAM KIT.My set up consist of an 09 DX,1250cc,V&H INDY,Fitz 26t pulley,K&N Top(completely).
Would appreciate a map with this setup or one that will put me in the ballpark.I am capable of adjusting it to my needs.The dilema is, i can't get a dyno before next week and we have a large event this weekend.
i appreciate the help,Thanks!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I just completed installing a STAGE II CAM KIT.My set up consist of an 09 DX,1250cc,V&H INDY,Fitz 26t pulley,K&N Top(completely).
Would appreciate a map with this setup or one that will put me in the ballpark.I am capable of adjusting it to my needs.The dilema is, i can't get a dyno before next week and we have a large event this weekend.
i appreciate the help,Thanks!
Do you have AutoTune????

If so I am betting your current map (which at 115 hp is a good setup) will get you in the ballpark. Just open your trim percentage up to 25% or 30% to help bring the map in quicker and accept trims often. As your numbers get to 10 or less close up your trim precentage. Best idea I could come up with if no one has a map and short notice.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EOD J ROD

thanks for your suggestion and confirming my thoughts,I have consider some to that effect ,but in my current setup i am not using an a/t.I am also considering the notion of using the current map an adjust air/fuel ratio for cam profile since the STAGE II is not that huge of a different from the S/E cam removed.

·
Registered
818 Posts
EOD J ROD

thanks for your suggestion and confirming my thoughts,I have consider some to that effect ,but in my current setup i am not using an a/t.I am also considering the notion of using the current map an adjust air/fuel ratio for cam profile since the STAGE II is not that huge of a different from the S/E cam removed.
If real worried about being lean look at bumping numbers about 20% with no atuotune, but depending on the air I am betting you may find your current map sufficent albeit just slightly lean.

On Edit: I just realize you said from S/E to Stage II. Very little adjustment, I'm betting. Please post up your findings!!!!!!! I am very interested in the outcome.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
track

track day tomorrow.
will post test and tune number aswell bike performance runs.thanks for your help!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
track day

best day i have so for at the drag track,put out some great numbers in all three races .Made the finals and i am very interested to see what a proper tune will produce!!thanks again for you help.

·
Registered
818 Posts
best day i have so for at the drag track,put out some great numbers in all three races .Made the finals and i am very interested to see what a proper tune will produce!!thanks again for you help.
Ok I am waiting to hear the 1/4 run numbers and what, if any, changes you made....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
once i started the bike it ran terrible(bogged 4-5.5k),i downloaded a new map that SHAGGYHOU,also rplcd the rear shocks with struts i made,installed airbox lift bracket,rmvd&rplcd my v&h indy baffled megphone with a shorted unbaffle one.these are the number it produced on the track ,bike ran fine but ,i know it has more to offer!

i did not really romp on the trottle because i need to test the struts on launch.So r/t time are off.

VMOD CLASS

4:13pm 4:57pm 5:38pm

r/t................643....................585..............729
60'................1.762.................1.573...........1.671
1/8...............7.199..................7.174..........7.089
mph..............99.82..................98.82..........98.82
1/4...............11.242................11.221.........11.126
mph..............120.03................120.98.........120.70

·
Registered
818 Posts
once i started the bike it ran terrible(bogged 4-5.5k),i downloaded a new map that SHAGGYHOU,also rplcd the rear shocks with struts i made,installed airbox lift bracket,rmvd&rplcd my v&h indy baffled megphone with a shorted unbaffle one.these are the number it produced on the track ,bike ran fine but ,i know it has more to offer!

i did not really romp on the trottle because i need to test the struts on launch.So r/t time are off.

VMOD CLASS

4:13pm 4:57pm 5:38pm

r/t................643....................585..............729
60'................1.762.................1.573...........1.671
1/8...............7.199..................7.174..........7.089
mph..............99.82..................98.82..........98.82
1/4...............11.242................11.221.........11.126
mph..............120.03................120.98.........120.70
Very very interesting. A bog hhhhmmmmmmmm????....was it an out of fuel bog or I am way fat bog?????

Well 1st off we had our 1st snow flakes fall from the sky today, for almost 2 hours. Nothing stuck but my season is coming to a close quickly. The 2nd thing while out on a ride today, the bike is low on fuel, like 1 to 1.5 gallon left and my AFR's are all way lean from where it has been all summer. So it looks like I need to put a fuel pressure gauge on and look to see what's happening. Plus I am looking at pulling the pump to see if I might not have an in tank issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts