Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
If you are talking about the 4 round chrome cam covers that you can put on the bike the part number is 44497-02 -- Chrome billet Cam Cover Medallion Kit

·
EXCELSIOR
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTT, come on guys, who's got a parts book out there can look it up for me.
If it's any indication of what I have to deal with my stepson stopped by the local HD shop today to inquire and get the info for me. The guy at the parts counter was unable to find the part number in their parts info. Of course he could find the number for the chrome caps to go over them, but I can get that online.
F'n idiots.

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
I think those aluminum inserts come with the valve cover gaskets so you want to order the new gaskets to get the inserts.

Mike

·
Frank
4,318 Posts
They are a part of the gasket... not sold seperate.

That number is 17416-01KA

I'm sure someone has them in the garbage after replacing the whole gasket.

·
Retired Devil Dog
148 Posts
Gasket set then, was answered while I was looking it up, do not have it listed seperate.....DC

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
They are not bonded to the gasket...you just push them out.

What in the world do you need them for? You can't get to them without removing the covers...

And you get new ones when you replace the gasket...

·
EXCELSIOR
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My intention is to fabricate ones that look different. I think they are bland and I don't care for the chrome stick ons.
I don't see why they have to be a replaceable item.
Does someone have one they're willing to send/loan me to measure the "fitment" details? I'm due to get my 10k soon and would like to try and have the new items built prior to that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts