Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
How about a black front fading to a silver some where in the middle of the bike to blend in with the tins?
Or a top to bottom fade.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm leaning toward black with silver flake. do you think that would be the best choice for a anodized bike.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
On of the things to think about is contrast. If you want to have the tins stand out you go with a contrasting color. I got my tins painted a deep blue with light flakes in it. I think it contrasts the frame and really looks good. Now if you are going to do the frame and keep the tins, I would suggest you need to do more than just the frame. Fork sliders at the very least. Hand controls, handlebars,headlight bucket,etc maybe.

Everyone is saying black but I would vote against it. Everyone's frame is black (although you are going to put flake in it). Look for a deep dark color.

Just my 2 cents...

-Keith

·
Registered
245 Posts
Opinions are like ......never mind, you all know.

My useles opinion.....well, since you asked, the absolute HOTTEST bike I EVER saw, was a Ducatti with a red frame and black tins. So, I say powder it red, then when you realize it just looks good, go ahead and powder the tins jet wet black, add chrome and, ooohhh-la-la !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I like the green....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts