Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
frame color need help picking 1 of 5 colors

Ok so ofter not going with the color i have a few color i have it down to i need your opinions on the and be honest im trying to ad some color to it. My bike is an 03 with most everything chome tins are the stock anadized.

the colors im looking at
pic one dormant hunter green
pic two dormant blue
pic three candy blue
pic four Hawaiian blue
pic five black with silver flake

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
I'm going to ask.....

...are you serious?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Sorry, not on my life!
The color is ok. The metal flake is too much. (IMHO)

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Like an SE, you might think about powdercoating tins, as well. With chrome pieces all over like an SE, it will look great! With annodized tins, it is hard to picture. Maybe photoshop? BTW - it is yours - go for it!!!! Joe

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
A crude way to get an idea would be print the picture and color in where the new color will be. If you're going to use blue, a more solid with less metal flake will look better.
I personally think the blue might be too much!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so that makes me change my mind but i want something a lil diff then everyone elsa so dose any one have any suggestions on color i like the anadized tins so want to stick with them

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
The right shade of White or maybe a gray to match the engine cases. Black is a good but safe pick. The ano-tins need to be complemented some how.

·
motorsickle1130
219 Posts
uhhhh....

black is always a good choice. That way if you decide to change your mind about painting the tins down the road, you won't have to worry how it will look with the frame. I always figured if I bought a silver v-rod I would do it up like a P-51 with nose art and red and black checkers on the air box. Also paint on sheet metal lines and rivets.
Still your bike though, but I wouldn't ride it unless I only stopped at gas stations.:barf:
good luck with the project.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok the blue is out do to i was iffy about it and after this its a no go i know alot of people are saying black but i want some color to go in with all the silver so im open to opinions on what all you guys think would look best to ad color to it

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Find a friend with photoshop that has some time. Even if you have to pay somebody once maped out color change is just a click away to see the bike as it would look. if you dont know anyone pass by the college to the computer graphics dept bet you could find someone there and get it done almost for nothing.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Silver and gold, maybe? (Christmas cartoon memories!:D)

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
What about black with a slight silver metalflake throught it.But if you fancy blue Buell did a lightning a couple of years back and frame was "Nuclear Blue"

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was also thinking black with a light metal flake might look good with the anodized tins.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Opinion from someone who has been building computers since 1987.

Without going into the paint/PC colors and what not, there is something to keep in mind.

Different video cards in everyone's PC, along with different monitors. Will show the color in different shades and possibly different tones.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
hell try it and see.. you can always match the tins later if you want..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok seen a pic of a bike like mine with blue frame and not fillin it anymore bike ready to go to the powder coating place so can people give me some color ideas

1 - 20 of 29 Posts