Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
G-ROD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased a VRSCDX and new to the forum, I am excited about it, but I need your opinions......I bought the bike used from a Harley dealership, and when the salesman was showing me the bike, he told me that it had exuast and tuner and was not sure what type, I told them I wanted to bike and to please find out what it had, so we started the paperwork and naturally I kept asking what it was and they told me they would find out, well, I signed all the paperwork and they finally told me it had EFI supertuner and they contacted the previous owner and he wanted to sell them other piece that hooks up to the dyno and pc. well here is where I need your opinion, should the dealership bite the cost of getting new one put on, or buy it back from the previous owner, or just sell me the bike as is and if I decide to change in the future buy another tuner? Here is where it gets sticky, I told the sales guy that I was not sure if I wanted the bike without the supertuner, and he told me to come get my deposit back. WTF? he was cool up this point and now his attitude changed, well the outcome is that they were able to get the tuner and they are delivering the bike, but now the salesman attitude has changed and he is not the same cool guy he was when i was looking and going throught he paperwork.

·
Registered
600 Posts
He is probably ticked because he had to pay for the tuner out of his commision. It should have been included when the bike was traded in. The previous owner played HD good on that deal. Don't warry about the salesman he'll get over it. The service manager is the one you need to keep happy.

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
What happened to the days when the service manager/saleman would have to keep the CUSTOMER happy?

·
The Real 13th Ghost
180 Posts
Salesman are only buddy buddy until you buy or you become to smart for them. The salesman I bought mine from was great, cus i had been in a few times to look it over before buying. The minute I started signing papers he ran out of the room and hes never talked to me again.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
not so cool after all!

Welcome to 1130cc.com - Cool HD salesperson???? hehehehehe
The first v-rod I purchased(03A anniv-gold pckg ), the salesman swiped my "gold key" and hawked it for crack,got beat up in the 'hood,spent week in hospital,then fired from HD.
Never got my gold key.,dammit!

Never,never ,trust an HD salesman:banghead:

And never trust HD tech to be vrod trained or certified....I've been lied too,tooooooooo many times by service managers.

sorry about yer bad luck.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I must have missed something. What are you asking the forum's opinion on? You apparently made the deal and are committed. You raised a question about the bike and he offered to let you out of the deal. That seems reasonable.

·
G-ROD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must have missed something. What are you asking the forum's opinion on? You apparently made the deal and are committed. You raised a question about the bike and he offered to let you out of the deal. That seems reasonable.

good point, I guess it was just a rant on the customer service and what other think should have been done by the dealer

·
Noel
4,596 Posts
Never close a deal until you're as near to a acceptable deal as possible, IMHO the former owner should sold tuner box for a buck. I donot trust dealers passalong the hardware to the subsequent owne,they would rather sell you a new unit to get the extra $$$$'s

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
He is probably ticked because he had to pay for the tuner out of his commision. It should have been included when the bike was traded in. The previous owner played HD good on that deal. Don't warry about the salesman he'll get over it. The service manager is the one you need to keep happy.
:them:
:vrodforu:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately HD salesman are like MOST other salesmen out there. I have been given the "yeah yeah, yeah" "We will find out what tuner it is" "I have someone checking into that right now" While you are finalizing the deal and paperwork. Its always "whatever you want, we can do that" tone and other lines of ca-rap, THEN the paperwork is signed, then they act like you are a burden and a pain in their ass if you request them to follow up on their promises. So sad.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good luck and enjoy the bike - ride safe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In 2007 I paid 18K for my bike @ biloxi HD, walked in there two weeks later and they didnt even know my name. The two hd dealerships that I have taken my bike to for service have both left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Im not happy with them but we're married as long as this dx is sitting in my living room.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Can I assume that you bought this in The Woodlands?

·
Registered
79 Posts
No bought it in Biloxi MS, they couldnt figure out how many quarts of oil to put into it @ my 10K, gave it back to me with 4, then I tried Mobile AL, they lied to me and got caught in it, only shop left locally is Slidelle LA, and im beginning to wonder if there is a "good" harley shop out there anywhere

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
There are "good" HD shops out there, but finding them tends to come at a co$t and not just monetary. Best advice I ever got from this forum was to purchase a service manual and do the routine maintenance items myself. After reading so many horror stories on here about dealers only putting in 3 or 4qts of oil at oil changes, forgetting to tighten or even install drain plugs, and my personal experiences with dealer stripped out fasteners, I do as much wrenching on my bike as possible.
When I get into something that is beyond my comfort zone, I call upon the power and knowledge of this forum before diving in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts