Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Amanda
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member today, I have a 2005 VRSB and I need new tires and exhaust, anyone have some good suggestions? With the exhaust do I need to have the fuelpak assesories?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:welcome: Tires, most suggest anything other than Dunlop. Avon, Metzeler, Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone...... sky's the limit.

The general consensus here, and I agree, is you should install some type of "fueler" if/when you change exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Good budget tires are the Bridgestones, Better grip for the more sporty rider are Avon, Metzeler, Pirelli, Michelin.

Stock system is setup for max power/emissions combo with noise limits in-mind. None, if any, aftermarket system will comply with the standards set by the Feds.

But there are many systems sold and they all need a "tuner" to adjust the fuel mix so the bike retains the flexibility it has with the stock setup. Look through the posts to get an idea how they look and many are on youtube so you can hear them. Most are very loud (in person) and this does not mean power!

Welcome to the world of V rods!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
:them: +1 on the Bridgestones great tire at a great price. And they hold the road fine even with the power of the turbo.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
....and, Hal is an expert on bang for the buck! Hey, PM if you need anything - I am around the corner in Grand Rapids. Joe

·
EXCELSIOR
8,491 Posts
If you like the stock look and just want some more sound do the "drill mod". You can easily find info on this with the seach feature.
This will give more sound without affecting how it runs.
Otherwise you can find lots of opinions here for aftermarket pipes, tires and oil :hidesbeh:
Mostly enjoy the ride and welcome :thumb:

·
Registered
326 Posts
:welcome: Tires, most suggest anything other than Dunlop. Avon, Metzeler, Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone...... sky's the limit.

The general consensus here, and I agree, is you should install some type of "fueler" if/when you change exhaust.
:them: :vrodforu:

·
obsessive
127 Posts
:vrodforu::vrodforu:

Welcome to the best forum I've been a part of. Lots of very knowlegible guys around that seem happly to help. Just be prepared to hide the credit cards from yourself:broke:

·
Registered
211 Posts
As far as tires go......check this guy out....

http://www.discount-motorcycletires.com/home

I had picked out Pirelli Night Dragons for $300. When I called to make an appointment to install ($15 per wheel off the bike) he quoted me $310 for Metzlers. All I can say is ...WOW!!! best price I have found so far.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got my Pirelli NightDragons through Rocky Mountain, and had them mounted locally. Night and day over the stock Dunlops. To be fair, I haven't run the Metz or Avon, but I will definitely pick up another set of Pirellis when it becomes necessary. They give a new level of cornering confidence, with less perceived lean in. I had a CBR back in the day, and ran Bridgestone Battleax tires and loved those as well. If Pirelli didn't make sizes for our VRods, I would give the Bridgestone VRod tires a hard look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts