Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent been on here for a long time. I managed to make it to retirement and now it’s time to clean up the bike. It is a 2005 VRCA and life by the sea is taking its toll. I was looking around to see who is still hear from the old days. I didn’t see any recent post by Max or mjw930 etc.

I’m looking for some new chrome and I see Ebay is more expensive now than HD catalog direct prices. Do we still have a HD dealer offering discounts and or is there any new sources?

Chrome tripple tree, need a replacement. The one I have is for a 06-07 if I remember right. It has one or two degrees less rake and makes the bike handle a lot better. Hopfully the chrome is better quality now. Chrome brake pedal, top chain guard, shifter linkage (one with V-ROD)’

I have a chrome side cover that fits over the standard gas tank that has seen it’s better days as well. I found it on Ebay but never saw a plain solid chrome one again.

I also have the original V Guage and need a new chrome housing for it. Guage still works fine many years later but the housing is gone.

Any and all help will be appreciated. PM’s welcome hard to find my way around this place now days. The site has more gleem that a hooker in Vegas.

PS Trask Turbo still running fine 

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Glad to see you back. A lot has changed. Max has sold the forum being the number one thing. As for the chrome you might be better off getting stock pieces and then sending them to Brown's for plating (they have the best results and a warranty if I remember correctly). As for the V-gauge CBDane sold the design to a company called EMS-Jomar if I remember correctly and I'm pretty sure they could sell you a new case. Glad to hear the turbo is still running strong.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Welcome Back - glad to hear the Turbo is still treating ya good.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bproulxvrod, thanks I sent an email on the V-Guage hope they can help. I found out how, re-remembered, and serched my old post. I had posted the part number for the tripple tree but I guess it was to long ago.

Which DH dealer gives us the best deal on pricing now?

Stomper, good to hear from you.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Elrod, thanks for the info, good to know you are still around.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome back!

Chrome side cover (that covers your gas tank)-TAB Performance has a really nice one. I have it on my bike and I like it a lot! Best looking one I've seen so far!

Chicago Harley gives discounts (make sure you know the part number). I think St. Paul's does too from time to time.

Try ebay again, but word it differently in the search...might find more results which means there's a good chance someone will have it cheaper!

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts